Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'R' word.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Not meaning to be a doom merchant but everyone here seems convinced we will stay up but we still need at least 10 points to have any chance of avoiding the drop.

I know we have improved almost beyond recognition but I’m still a little worried it could all go wrong and that we could end up doing what Northampton did last season.

Anyone else a little nervous or am I just being a little girl?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Not at all bothered. There are much worse teams than us and we've got some easier games to come. Haven't we played something like 5 of the top 8 in the least 7 games? Our performances against them have encouraged me enough to think we'll stay up comfortably.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Not at all bothered. There are much worse teams than us and we've got some easier games to come. Haven't we played something like 5 of the top 8 in the least 7 games? Our performances against them have encouraged me enough to think we'll stay up comfortably.

It's not the top sides that worry me, it's the two bob sides like Brentford, Oldham and Tranmere that do.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
It's not the top sides that worry me, it's the two bob sides like Brentford, Oldham and Tranmere that do.

Well the last two bob side we played was Exeter and we comprehensively beat them. My point about the top side was more that if we can show that level of performance against them then there is nothing stopping us against the two bob sides.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
11 games left, to be sure of safety we need 12-14 points. We have enough about us to win another 3-4 and draw quite a few.

Current form is Won 2, Drew 2 and lost 1.

I don't see performances dropping, why would they?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
It's still a possibility but we have been playing a lot lot better recently (4-5-1) against the top teams which will have given confidence and can see us being well clear by the end of the season having spanked a few teams in the run in

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Not worried in the slightest.The problems at Southend eg players not being paid,losing key players,winding up orders must affect players moral.They look doomed but they do have an excellent manager at the helm.Exeter are rubbish and are history.God knows how they beat Leeds.I really can't see these two teams escaping.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Not worried at all - well, not today anyway. In our recent games we've had two narrow defeats (Norwich and Swindon) and both those two are top-six sides. Set against that we've had positive results againsts Charlton, Leeds and Colchester as well as comfortably beating one of our bottom-half rivals (Exeter)

If we lose to Brentford, Oldham and Tranmere THEN I migh start to have a few doubts.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Slight concern as although we beat Exeter the home record is still a monkey on our back.

I think we'll be alright though

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I think we'll get mo points away from home for the remaining games, see what you think. These are my predictions:

- Brentford (H) - D
- Oldham (A) - L (gotta lose sometime!)
- Tranmere (H) - W
- Southampton (H) - L
- Hartlepool - (A) - W
- Carlisle (H) - D
- Gillingham (A) - W
- Southend (A) - W
- Bristol Rovers (H) - L (cos we're at home)
- MK Dons - (A) - D
- Yeovil - (H) - L

So based upon that, I make it we'll get 53 points...simples! :clap2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Can't see us doing Gills away - their home form is great - would take a draw now on that one!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
f*** me apart from Saints, MK SKUM and Brizzle Rovers all our games are against teams who can still go down... Dunno if that's good or bad!!!!???

I think most people will be concerned until we are mathematically safe.

The wins against Charlton and Exeter were helped in no small way by 2 wonder strikes from midfielders which we cannot count on.

We need our strikers to score more regularly and with only one on the pitch most of the time and not doing the business of scoring goals it has to be a concern.

Yabba Dabba Do

Oct 31, 2009
sunny seaFORD
Not meaning to be a doom merchant but everyone here seems convinced we will stay up but we still need at least 10 points to have any chance of avoiding the drop.

I know we have improved almost beyond recognition but I’m still a little worried it could all go wrong and that we could end up doing what Northampton did last season.

Anyone else a little nervous or am I just being a little girl?

Croydon is clearly affecting your judgement :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here