Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Qur'an

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire
Lt's look at all this again shall we...a sI'm in a good mood... my resposnes in CAPS

GOOD MILITARY SENSE!

Perosnally I wouldn't bother reading all that above but have tried to provide answers when possible.

In conclusion, most of Algie's 'from internet lifted' quotes are Hadith (which are unreliable) or fromt he Suras of the Sword. 98% of the Qu'ran has been ignored. Many of the others he has mentioned do not seem to support his argument or are open to interprattion.

I interpret them one way...he interprets them another.. such is the beauty of life :)

I am not doing any missionary work here... justv trying to put things in perpective... Islam is not black and white and only investigation by yourself without help from the biased crap out there will allow you to make your own decisions. Certianly Algie didn't do THAT research himself. I've been a Muslim for over 20 years and I didn't know some of the stuff he quoted... Tabari!?!

Cheers and now I'm being schtum.

Indeed. Very selective quoting there, from Algie. The programme last night was saying that verses from the Koran can indeed be seen to advocate violence, but that there are just as many verses doing exactly the opposite, preaching love, forgiveness and tolerance.

Many times, the documentary showed that if you truly say you're sorry, then your sins will be forgiven - ie. you will NOT have your hands chopped off etc. The irony is that these choice violent verses are quoted to back-up the violence. The softer stuff is disregarded.

I was shocked by how much guff was added by the Saudis. But chuffed to see that rational open-minded Muslims are out there (contrary to what the tabloids over here make you believe). It always pisses me off that Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God, have the same prophets and indeed rules, and yet often despise each other. God (if you believe in him) must be well pissed off with what's happening! And how religion is being used by the state to control people, ie. in Saudi and Iran.

Sufism looks cool, though quite how they manage to spin round without falling over is beyond me :eek:

Why did you become a Muslim, Sully? Are you a Christian convert? Or were you just a non-believer beforehand? PM me if you'd prefer.

:thumbsup:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Indeed. Very selective quoting there, from Algie. The programme last night was saying that verses from the Koran can indeed be seen to advocate violence, but that there are just as many verses doing exactly the opposite, preaching love, forgiveness and tolerance.

Many times, the documentary showed that if you truly say you're sorry, then your sins will be forgiven - ie. you will NOT have your hands chopped off etc. The irony is that these choice violent verses are quoted to back-up the violence. The softer stuff is disregarded.

I was shocked by how much guff was added by the Saudis. But chuffed to see that rational open-minded Muslims are out there (contrary to what the tabloids over here make you believe). It always pisses me off that Jews, Christians and Muslims worship the same God, have the same prophets and indeed rules, and yet often despise each other. God (if you believe in him) must be well pissed off with what's happening! And how religion is being used by the state to control people, ie. in Saudi and Iran.

Sufism looks cool, though quite how they manage to spin round without falling over is beyond me :eek:

Why did you become a Muslim, Sully? Are you a Christian convert? Or were you just a non-believer beforehand? PM me if you'd prefer.

:thumbsup:

I'm selecting quotes that the terrorists use.These are Islamic slogans they use.Of course it's selected,thats why they use them for Jihad.

Last edited:

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
I'm selecting quotes that the terrorists use.These are Islamic slogans they use.Of course it's selected,thats why they use them for Jihad.

Algie - Surely you can't on one hand admit to selective quotes being used and then on the other state that there is no such thing as a moderate Muslim?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I have worked with plenty of Muslims over the years and frankly have no issues, unlike some Born Again Christians I have had the misfortune of meeting. I've also been to the UAE quite a lot and in fact have found the Arabs very friendly. I landed in Abu Dhabi and was highly amused when the Arab at immigration wished me a Merry Christmas. They also wished me a Happy New Year on my way out, never had that at a UK airport.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Watched half of this last night.

What struck me was that like most religious texts the Koran is a mirror to the soul of those reading it. If you come to it with love and compassion you will find a message of love, if you come to it in hatred you will find justification for murder and slavery and misogeny.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

What struck me was that like most religious texts the Koran is a mirror to the soul of those reading it. If you come to it with love and compassion you will find a message of love, if you come to it in hatred you will find justification for murder and slavery and misogeny.

Very profound and very logical :clap2::clap2::clap2: :)

eastlondonseagull

Jan 15, 2004
West Yorkshire

Very good point :)

Buttinhams

Be seeing you!
Apr 24, 2008
what_sthepoint1.gif

Er, what's the point?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Got to say, that is quite funny :lolol:

Hahahahaha!! Can just see them meeting their friends

'Yes and the one in black... no the one in black on the right... no no the short one... that's Ali's second cousin's sister's brother's mother-in-law...... naw that black top is so last year!!!! Dark black is in this year.'

BTW.... I AM allowed to make these comments :thumbsup:

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
No thanks this shite is on a par with Songs of Praise as far as I am concerned, a must miss programme,

Is definitely the correct answer. Just another version of the same fairy tale. A downside of living in the States is that there’s more than enough of that old cobblers on television.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here