The Queen visits Crawley

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bluejuice said:
Have you actually been to Crawley any time recently?

Not that I'd like to stick up for the place but a lot of it's 50'2 and 60's architecture has actually been replaced with plastic fronted toytown like structures.

Even that hideous Crawley college builing looks like its days could be numbered

Yep - I work there every day. The middle part of the shopping centre looks exactly like Churchill Square did before it was redeveloped.

The rest of it looks like a hideous experiment that involved some brown bricks, smoked glass, a couple of trunk roads and an explosion in a JJB sports store.

Last edited:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Are you talking about the square outside County Mall?

A lot of it's been redeveloped so the 50's architecture is largely hidden.

M&S and Woolworths still look pretty grim but with all the new developments sprouting up it's only a matter of time before all the evidence of the 50's and 60's boom is gone.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
'And what do you do?'

'Nothing, just sit about on my arse until benefit day.'

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
edna krabappel said:
"Get your five-page preview in this week's Observer (out November 1) plus your very own cut-out-and-wave flag. Just cut it out and stick it to a piece of cardboard - such as an old cereal box - and help make Her Majesty's visit as colourful as possible!"

:eek:

Is it still the 1950s in Crawley?! Bless the Crawley Observer's enthusiasm

:lolol:

No -- but a cut-out and wave flag INSTANTLY takes up half a page of newsprint, which they'd have to pay someone to write all over otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here