Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pudding/Dessert World Cup - rules, nominations, runners and riders

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
What a fix. There's going to a huge row if Angel Delight goes all the way. Angel-gate, and we haven't even started.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It'll be like the year the Czechs won the Euro's despite not actually making the finals. I think this might actually GARNER some support for the Angel Delight... everyone loves an underdog

If it's good enough for Leon Knight, it's good enough for me

angel-delight%5B1%5D.jpg

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think fruit crumble would probably be the bookmaker's favourite with odds of around 8/1, and rightly so.

Indeed, if it was December rather than August right now, those odds would be slashed to the 5/1 mark IMO.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For me the group of death would be:

Fruit Crumble
Banoffee pie
Syrup Sponge
Treacle Sponge
Knickerbocker Glory

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
For me the group of death would be:

Fruit Crumble
Banoffee pie
Syrup Sponge
Treacle Sponge
Knickerbocker Glory

Eat them all at once, and there are going to be some quite literal groups of death in this contest.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
It'll be like the year the Czechs won the Euro's despite not actually making the finals. I think this might actually GARNER some support for the Angel Delight... everyone loves an underdog

Denmark surely?

I think Spotted Dick might be the housewifes favourite on this one.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I think cheesecake & trifle would be happy with that draw.

Indeed, I was tossing up whether to add cheesecake, another HEAVYWEIGHT. I'm guessing you will be campaigning for the trifle corner.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
As soon as SIM mentioned alcohol in the trifle I turned off. That's not right. I'll be going for the cheesecake I think
Alcohol is OPTIONAL.

The competition is simply too intense to justify both trifle-sherry and trifle-no alcohol options.

The same applies to crumble, cheesecake, Angel Delight options and multiple pancake accompanyment options.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do all entrants get the same refridgeration, or if you are one of the heavyweights like Banoffee Pie do you get the early pick of the best facilities?

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
WHAT THE HELL

Cheese with biscuits isn't a desert :s

You have cheese with biscuits after desert. How Creme Caramel isn't in this is beyond me. And what about pannacotta? WTH is pineapple upside down? This is a disgrace.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Isn't it about time you kicked this off again [MENTION=232]Simster[/MENTION] ? It didn't even make it past the group stages before.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, yes it is [MENTION=6625]Badger[/MENTION]. I shall do this after the comedians one. We can't have TOO MANY world cups going on.

Although I can't help thinking that world cups are part of the reason Albion are doing so well. The hardest animal one started in erarly January and we haven't lost a game in that time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here