Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Humour] The Pub Debate - The Best Chocolate

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
If the debate was held at the Ambassadors reception rather than a Wetherspoons there would have been a different answer....

81YJg8aofjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
What would the answer have been down your local?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If the debate was held at the Ambassadors reception rather than a Wetherspoons there would have been a different answer....

81YJg8aofjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I was once hospitalised by a Ferrero Rocher. True story.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Tastes great and produced by a company doing its bit to stop the chocolate slave trade :thumbsup:

Those shells voted best by the Wetherspoon-botherers can get in the sea...
Great shout on both cases.

Although you can get it in Tesco and other places now, Tony's is originally Dutch. I've done a lot of work over there this year and tend to come back from Schiphol with a bag full of the stuff for the family Guinness. REALLY good chocolate and genuinely ethical. Well worth looking into the story of the founder trying to get himself arrested for modern slavery!

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Great shout on both cases.

Although you can get it in Tesco and other places now, Tony's is originally Dutch. I've done a lot of work over there this year and tend to come back from Schiphol with a bag full of the stuff for the family Guinness. REALLY good chocolate and genuinely ethical. Well worth looking into the story of the founder trying to get himself arrested for modern slavery!
I was a big fan of it already – and knew a bit of the back story – and then John Oliver did one of his deep dives into the chocolate industry and I discovered even more.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
I feel like a World's Best Chocolate competition might be in order

Lots of delicious finger pointing and tantrums

Wagon Wheel IN.

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
Following a long, deep (semi factual-ish) debate, the drinkers of Wetherspoons involved in this debate concluded that these are simply the best chocolates money can buy at your local.

View attachment 184211

Let the debate begin!

(Possible world's best chocolate competition to follow)
One of the worst takes in NSC history? Guylian wouldn’t even be in my top 50!

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
Most of the things we buy involves exploitation, but the cocoa trade is particularly grim. I don't know the fulll story on Tony's, but for me the most interesting model in terms of an alternative to the main stream shite is Divine. Decent chocolate (if I am.honest not my absolute favorite... but pretty good) from.a company part owned by the farmers themselves.

Most 'chocolate' in the UK is really just flavoured sugar.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here