Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problems with all-seater stadia, a list

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This issue has raised its ugly head again, as it does with savage regularity... Can we list all of the crap things about all-seater stadia in this thread? There are some obvious ones, like crap atmosphere, but how about these:

1) Not being able to sit with your mates;
2) Not being able to meet loads of new mates
3) Not being able to find the perfect view for you
4) Stadiums now look empty when they're half full, which wasn't/isn't the case with terraces
5) It gets damned cold sitting still
6) No anonimity
7) Far less crazy goal celebrations
8) Less pay on the day
9) Stewards everywhere
10) Getting stuck next too a complete cock head for a season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't we just get over the fact that all new stadiums built in the UK will always be all seater ?

Feb 14, 2010
The customer doesnt want them and that is the start, beginning and end of it. Problem is, the security industry is full of ex public sector employees from the police force that struggle with the concept that the private sector employee is there to serve the customer and the customer owes the employee not a jot. They will get there tho one day Im sure, after all they all stand up at Liverpool

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
The customer doesnt want them and that is the start, beginning and end of it. Problem is, the security industry is full of ex public sector employees from the police force that struggle with the concept that the private sector employee is there to serve the customer and the customer owes the employee not a jot. They will get there tho one day Im sure, after all they all stand up at Liverpool

Which ignores the current rules that grounds have to be all seater but hey ho never mind and keep living the dream in Never Never Land

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Can't we just get over the fact that all new stadiums built in the UK will always be all seater ?

I'd personally rather not bow down to everything the government want us to do until we live our lives in pods like in the matrix. But each to his own.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I'd personally rather not bow down to everything the government want us to do until we live our lives in pods like in the matrix. But each to his own.

I understand the frustration but the simple facts are it will never happen in my view.

Have to say I prefer sitting having got used to it over the years.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
I understand the frustration but the simple facts are it will never happen in my view.

Have to say I prefer sitting having got used to it over the years.
But that's fine Beachy, all we want is choice. I feel it is our duty to question the country's laws (no necessarily by breaking them, I hasten to add) when we feel they are not right... and in my mind, it seems daft that anything that is legal in Germany or Holland can be illegal in this country. But anyway; this thread wasn't supposed to be an argument about terracing (much as I love them), rather a thoughtful, sometimes humorous look at what we've lost.

Feb 14, 2010
Which ignores the current rules that grounds have to be all seater but hey ho never mind and keep living the dream in Never Never Land

ah yes the same laws that are up for debate in parliament shortly. Either way, they all stand at Liverpool, leeds, spurs, o the list goes on and on. to ban terracing was as daft as it would have been to ban seats after Bradford, and everyone knows it, well except a few daft ex policemen that make a living out of telling people to sit down, but they shouldnt be so scared, after all they will have other dutis to keep them and their clip board busy

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
One other thing; Ken Brown said at our ST presentation on Friday that after this season ALL league clubs would have to make their grounds all seater. Anyone know if this is true? I'd have thought it could put a number of clubs with lots of terrace remaining, e.g. Exeter, out of business.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
10) Smashing your shins against seats
11) ***** who insist on banging in to you when we score, despite teh obvious issue with seats. I can take a mad celebration, its great! Just when those pushing you are doing it JUST to push you because your you.

Sep 1, 2010
ah yes the same laws that are up for debate in parliament shortly. Either way, they all stand at Liverpool, leeds, spurs, o the list goes on and on. to ban terracing was as daft as it would have been to ban seats after Bradford, and everyone knows it, well except a few daft ex policemen that make a living out of telling people to sit down, but they shouldnt be so scared, after all they will have other dutis to keep them and their clip board busy

Not having a pop about your views on this but I only ever notice you pipe up when all seater issues crop up.

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Dont get me started but the list is a big one.

Surges
Mosh pit terraces
Keeping warm
Bouncing around
Not having to sit down like a schoolkid
Has totally ruined the best thing about football (packed terraces)

Just because its not allowed now thats not to say we cant ever return to 'safe' terraces. Happens in top flight rugby and top flight footi in europe.

Ive noticed in a lot of of man utd away games recently they bunch up in the aisles, when they score the whole aisle surges
Down as if it were a terrace - looks great.

Each to their own i guess

Feb 14, 2010
That's not true. He also pops up when ticket office/sales complaints are discussed.

oh I dunno I piped up when some forgot that we were bigger than Norwich in the 70's and have every chance of being so again under TB. But yes, daft officious people at football are things that I find irritating

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
oh I dunno I piped up when some forgot that we were bigger than Norwich in the 70's and have every chance of being so again under TB. But yes, daft officious people at football are things that I find irritating

Instead of boring us all to death over this subject start petitioning for what you want and get up of your arses.

Losing the will to live with this futile argument.

Feb 14, 2010
Instead of boring us all to death over this subject start petitioning for what you want and get up of your arses.

Losing the will to live with this futile argument.

??? If you dont want to engage, switch off or post on another thread young man! As for petitions, well Im not that bothered, after all, I want a seat at football as Im older now, but forgive me if I stand up for the kids that want to stand up as I did when I were a lad

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
But that's fine Beachy, all we want is choice. I feel it is our duty to question the country's laws (no necessarily by breaking them, I hasten to add) when we feel they are not right... and in my mind, it seems daft that anything that is legal in Germany or Holland can be illegal in this country. But anyway; this thread wasn't supposed to be an argument about terracing (much as I love them), rather a thoughtful, sometimes humorous look at what we've lost.

Agree totally. We should have the options. Sit or stand. and if Germany can have terraces, why not us?

And don't say "Hillsborough" ... the problem was the fencing, not the terraces.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here