Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem with NSC at the moment

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I agree with Gareth on the point that meeting people changes the way you post as you tend to be more careful about offending them but NSC is a long way from becoming Always Skint.

Does it still exist even?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
munster monch said:
I agree with Gareth on the point that meeting people changes the way you post as you tend to be more careful about offending them but NSC is a long way from becoming Always Skint.

Does it still exist even?
it does indeed , not many users though

Lord Bracknell said:
I'd love to spend some time arguing about whether Gareth is right to avoid meet-ups or not. Unfortunately I've got to go soon to meet up with ... er ...

... Gareth Glover ... and all the NSC boys who are playing golf for REMF.

:eek:

Oh no! Gareth has joined the NSC golfing clique! Sorry, we have just got to bite the bullet and admit that the last of the great incorruptable independent voices on NSC has fallen in with the "fairway luvvies" - TRAGEDY.

All of us fans of Gareth's contrarian brand of "straight talk - no bull" commonsense are now going to be SOLD OUT - he'll come back from this golfing "love-in" and won't want to upset all the "faces" he's seen there.

Frankly, without the old Gareth NSC is going to become really boring and it will just be the same "big names" going on about their bunker shots or their piss-up on the "19th hole" and trying to impress us with their golfing rhetoric and knowledge.

I can predict here and now that NSC is going to become more boring and more full of four-line-whip sheep than it has ever been in the history of the universe.

After a few months on NSC I'm sorry I have to say this but its true.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I had a splendid day golfing with my NSC chums, Gaffer, Wayne, Lord Bracknell, Roz and met the legendary Paul Rogers, Albion hero. What a splendid afternoon of convivial conversation.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I love NSC really thats why I spend so much bloody time on it. I suppose I'm a bit bruised as lets be honest this board is somewhat over populated with lefties and tree huggers and I take a constant battering over Iraq , USA, politics but you need to hear the opposite side as well.

I have met some wonderful people with the REMF from Albion and indeed Palace, we have done more than most for the Falmer campaign and the board is a constant inspiration of ideas.

I do believe the get togethers has made people stop posting things as they know so and so would disagree but this is the best football chatroom in the land.

I love all my colleagues on NSC even London Irish :thumbsup: even after all his put downs.

Group hug.

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
Thank f*** I have a life outside of NSC.

Gareth, after reading through all this you have come across as a right :tosser:.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Left wing tree hugger !.

Go back to your lentil soup.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Safeway said:
I'm surprised it's taken this long since the end of the season for the first 'NSC isn't what it used to be' thread. Bound to be a load more before the new season kicks off, as well.

It's the same old same old: peaks and troughs (spelling?) in quality of threads, accusations of cliquiness denied by the clique, people swearing they'll never post again ad finitum ad nauseum.

Fact remains we all love NSC and will always post on here dispite what misgivings we may have from time to time.

I agree. I don't follow the same politics as 90% of this board and I do like the teenagers that post here.
I don't think I am part of any clique but I do know I am addicted to this place (and I do have a life especially now I have moved back to civilization)

It'll change when the fixtures are out and McGhee is back off his hols and making signings.

We'll actually be able to talk about football then (heaven forbid)

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There is fair point here.

Threads of this was what happened when we had our picnic in the park etc - and I am guilty of this as well.

However I don't see it as any sort of threat, people come and go in all walks of life and NSC is no different.

You can partake of the meeting up or not - choice / democracy

What's a clique ? Just a bunch of people who 'know' each other and get along. It's only a clique if people are excluded (and I don't believe anyone on here is) or you're new and don't feel like you belong, which generally isn't for very long once you start posting !
Various age ranges, viewpoints and attitudes occasionally conflict and there's nothing wrong with that, it's just life.
Not sure why you'd set out to upset people, surely everyone should be treated with respect.....
:angel:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here