Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem with NSC at the moment

Jambo Seagull

Jul 18, 2003
The Athens of the North
Gareth, if you're going to call people racist for vehemently disagreeing with the current American administration's foreign policy, which is your consistent line on discussions about the USA, I think you can expect to be challenged.

Having said that the best thing about this board is that there are a number of views and everybody seems to have an opinion. It would be very boring if we all had the same opinion. I suspect I would get a lot more work done if you didn't post as you always have something interesting to say. As for the comment about the meet-up I have never been and probably never will go so it certainly doesn't influence me in the slightest.

P.S. Any tips on good mortgages?

SM BHAFC

Jul 10, 2003
North Laine
Gareth it is bound to be a bit clique so what people are going to know it each other, but it's only a chat room don't worry about it.

I disagree with most of the pinko lefties on here but that don't stop me, the way I see it it's a just a bit of a laugh. The political stuff is great, in the circles I move in politics ain't top of the talking subjects and anyway most of the people i knock about with are right wing so this gives me a chance to have a pop at some limp wristed tree hugging lefties, no offence lads, it's great.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I disagree Gareth. I don't go to the meet-ups although I have met quite a few people from here from other NSC events and some (Lord Cornwallis, oapdodge, Phaedrus and OTLW) I knew before NSC. I can't stand all the cliquey posts but usually you can tell from a thread title what it's about and as long as there aren't too many I can tolerate it.

Regardless of whether I know someone or not if I disagree with them I'll say so. Politically I'm more in line with people like London Irish, OTLW, Gwylan, Dandyman etc but we definitely don't agree on everything.

I think your problem is you've lost too many arguments. For the record I think NSC is the best it's ever been in every respect, and I've been reading it since 1999. Marvellous Scenes!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
SM BHAFC said:
Gareth it is bound to be a bit clique so what people are going to know it each other, but it's only a chat room don't worry about it.

I disagree with most of the pinko lefties on here but that don't stop me, the way I see it it's a just a bit of a laugh. The political stuff is great, in the circles I move in politics ain't top of the talking subjects and anyway most of the people i knock about with are right wing so this gives me a chance to have a pop at some limp wristed tree hugging lefties, no offence lads, it's great.
None taken!

Half Man Half Biscuit

Oct 10, 2003
Hove
I can't stand all the cliquey posts but usually you can tell from a thread title what it's about and as long as there aren't too many I can tolerate it.

These are the posts that really annoy my friends and I who were among the first ones to post on this board during it's inaugural stages but now rarely do so *sighs of relief all round*

There are a fair few on here who have to comment on every single post even though they have nothing of interest to say. A definate case of quantity over quality.

Then there are those who arrange their social lives on here, haven't you chaps ever heard of email!?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Half Man Half Biscuit said:

There are a fair few on here who have to comment on every single post even though they have nothing of interest to say. A definate case of quantity over quality.

Innit.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Brovian said:
I disagree Gareth. I don't go to the meet-ups although I have met quite a few people from here from other NSC events and some (Lord Cornwallis, oapdodge, Phaedrus and OTLW) I knew before NSC. I can't stand all the cliquey posts but usually you can tell from a thread title what it's about and as long as there aren't too many I can tolerate it.

Regardless of whether I know someone or not if I disagree with them I'll say so. Politically I'm more in line with people like London Irish, OTLW, Gwylan, Dandyman etc but we definitely don't agree on everything.

I think your problem is you've lost too many arguments. For the record I think NSC is the best it's ever been in every respect, and I've been reading it since 1999. Marvellous Scenes!

It would be very boring if we all agree on everything, a bit of debate is what makes NSC interesting.

I agree with Brovian that NSC is the best it's been. Thankfully, there's little of the thinly disguised racism that marred some of the earlier days and there lots of thought-provoking and interesting insights from all points of the political compass. And, of course, some very funny posts as well; all part of the rich tapestry that is NSC.

I think that NSC is a credit to BHA fans. Having seen some other clubs' forums, we're really lucky to have such a great message boards. It's easy to make cheap insults about other clubs, it's not so easy to sustain interesting threads on a variety of topics for days on end.

Now, if only people could improve their spelling and grammar (sigh).

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Ex-Shoreham

ain't that the truth. a few of the 'wiser' posters certainly seem to do this.

Jul 24, 2003
Newbury, Berkshire.
I say ban anyone with over 1,000 posts, that'll shut up most of the people on this thread.

I mean, what useful stuff have they got to say that they haven't said already ?:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

I'd love to spend some time arguing about whether Gareth is right to avoid meet-ups or not. Unfortunately I've got to go soon to meet up with ... er ...

... Gareth Glover ... and all the NSC boys who are playing golf for REMF.

:eek:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Wozza said:
How ARE the wife and kids Simster? :lolol:
Fine thanks Wozza. Feel free to pass on your regards at the next London clique NSC barbeque in my back garden in 6 weeks time.

Tell me Wozza, do you plan to go to Portugal to take in some games?

:jester:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003

Then there are those who arrange their social lives on here, haven't you chaps ever heard of email!?

Good post

I don't have a problem with people who post ALL THE TIME (if they have a dull/crap/no job that allows them so much freetime to spend on NSC during the day, well that's their choice)

What does annoy me is the people who actually revel in the fact they have 1000s of posts and wear it as some badge of honour......been saying it for months, its the quality of the post, not the quantity of the post that counts, some of the younger members of NSC should take this on board, and realise that NSC is for ALL Brighton fans, not just them, and arranging where to meet up for a weekend beer/s should be conducted via the wonderful medium of PM's

Steps off soap-box....

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Simster said:
Fine thanks Wozza. Feel free to pass on your regards at the next London clique NSC barbeque in my back garden in 6 weeks time.

Tell me Wozza, do you plan to go to Portugal to take in some games?

:jester:

Ah, that would be delightful. I'll be sure to bring the Pimms.

You can show me your baby photographs - and I'll show you my photos from Portugal.

Marvellous scenes, as they say.

Caio!

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Interesting that this self-analysis of NSC is going on a lot at the moment. Guess it just shows that most of the people who post on here, even the really cool ones who won't admit it, actually care about this messageboard. I find a lot of it informative, amusing, thought-provoking, at times irritating and at other times erection-inducing. NSP makes me wet myself laughing. Long may they both continue.

I'm surprised it's taken this long since the end of the season for the first 'NSC isn't what it used to be' thread. Bound to be a load more before the new season kicks off, as well.

It's the same old same old: peaks and troughs (spelling?) in quality of threads, accusations of cliquiness denied by the clique, people swearing they'll never post again ad finitum ad nauseum.

Fact remains we all love NSC and will always post on here dispite what misgivings we may have from time to time.

What altenative is there? NSP? There you go then.

NOW SHUT YOUR f***ing WHINING. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here