Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The problem with kids today...

D

Deleted member 2719

My experience is you can't take a risk with kids so be direct and tell the Man U lad a story.
Once upon a time there was an evil Red Devil that used to go around stealing all the children's favourite toys and he was not liked by anybody, however there was a friendly seagull that used to glide overhead looking out for naughty red devils and chase them off, everybody loved the seagull and if your wore the badge,all your toys would be saved and everyone lived happily ever after.

Ps my lad was told this at 4 he is now 5 and only has the red devil nightmare twice a week now.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
set fire to the teachers house then leave a pigs heart in there with bha written on the wall in blood and put carcases then tell your man u child that wayne rooney did it

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
OK

I have a full man united kit here including two pairs of footie socks - white shorts - red united Shirt - your welcome to it - don't want anything for it - if he wants it he's welcome to it - never been worn!!!!

Shame on you. Those items should be burned, along with your bean bags, in case any potential Albion fan gets infected.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I take it, you have thrown your (cuckoo) child out. May I also suggest going after the dad for some paternity cash

Too much to go into here but if we ever meet up will explain, sadly only have myself to blame for his wayward ways. Other than this publicly humiliating behaviour he's a really nice guy!

Albion Rob

My 14 month old daughter now has her first albion shirt. she'll need to wear it as a dress for now because I got her a 3-4 years one to grow in to but the important thing is that she'll never know a day without following the Albion.

dibbydoo

DibbyDoo
Aug 1, 2011
Brighton
My youngest brother (now 10) despite being brought up at withdean came home from school a few backs asking for a fulham shirt! my dad proceeded to tell him "if you keep coming home from school asking for crap like that, your not going anymore" :lolol:

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I bought My son his first shirt at 2 which he wore all the time, his first season ticket at 3 (back then he prefered going to the pub than the game) and he's now 7 and totally Albion Crazy, Has both home and away kits that he wears pretty much all the time and he knows all the players and goes on about Brighton all the time.

The moral of the story is get them interested at an early age and their excitement seems to grow, hopefully the Amex will mean this continues.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
a) let them choose their own team
b) encourage them to support your local club (currently Charlton or Milwall) or
c) make them support the Albion

I have an 8yo who, despite my best efforts, supports Chelsea. In order to encourage him, everyone has endulged him somewhat and he has Chelsea curtains, bedspread, clock, moneybox, etc etc. Even his first game was at Stamford Bridge.

I know believe that he is coming of age and can understand the difference between being a glory-hunting plastic and supporting a team you have a physical connection with regardless of trophies and position.

Planning permission willing, we will be STH together next season and he will slowly realise that being born and raised in Brighton gives him little choice but to support BHA.

So, to Prof P, indulge any plastic tendencies they have now (EXCEPT Man U FFS) but wait until the time is right and then explain what they have been doing wrong and teach them the way forward - no plastics!

wunt be druv

Drat! and double drat!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
OK, there's the plan...

- Both are joining the young seagulls this weekend
- We will pencil in March 31, Borough at home, for the boys' first match day experience
- I imediately write a strongly worded letter to the school demanding the removal of Mrs.featherstone from the teaching staff
Good work,you are learning the ways of the Albion well.Good luck in your quest.Oh and give that teacher a slap from me while you're at it!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
There has almost NEVER been a better time to get your children to fall in love with the Albion. Get them to a game and they'll do the rest themselves.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I bought a season ticket for my son (who was 7 in January) this season. I had never taken him before (partly because he was too young and partly because Withdean would put anyone off) and for the first part of the season he was interested but not avid.

Then as his interest in Football grew (partly down to playing FIFA 12 on the Wii) his interest in the Albion has grown dramatically. He knows all the players names (apart from ones who have been long term injured like Elphick, Painter and Dicker) wears the stripes as much as possible and loves coming to the Amex.

I think the answer is get them enrolled in Gullys Gang and get them to the Amex and get them both shirts. Trust me its worth the investment.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My youngest brother (now 10) despite being brought up at withdean came home from school a few backs asking for a fulham shirt! my dad proceeded to tell him "if you keep coming home from school asking for crap like that, your not going anymore" :lolol:
Now that is a father.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I have an 8yo who, despite my best efforts, supports Chelsea. In order to encourage him, everyone has endulged him somewhat and he has Chelsea curtains, bedspread, clock, moneybox, etc etc. Even his first game was at Stamford Bridge.
:mad:
So, to Prof P, indulge any plastic tendencies they have now (EXCEPT Man U FFS) but wait until the time is right and then explain what they have been doing wrong and teach them the way forward - no plastics!
Do not listen to this fool. Don't risk the chance that you're too late to teach them.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Brainwashing. It's the only way. My youngest only follows Brighton (cannot say support as we are too far away). All his friends at school "support" the usual suspects. When they tell him who they support, his stock answer is "they are rubbish and Brighton would thrash them". Good lad! Will be a very proud day when I eventually get to take him to the Amex!

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I'd hate to think what would happen if you weren't trying... presumably he'd be some kind of prepubescent John Westwood ???

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd hate to think what would happen if you weren't trying... presumably he'd be some kind of prepubescent John Westwood ???
I'm still hyperventilating. Seriously, Chelsea f***ing curtains! And a bedspread, clock and moneybox.

Far be it for us to tell a man (questionable) how to raise his child, but get a f***ing grip!

If any idiot bought non Brighton merchandise (few exceptions *) for my children I would, out of respect, give the shit back so they could get a refund/give to someone else. Failing that, it would get smashed/turned into rags.

* - exceptions: England, or foreign exotic teams.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
:guitar:

My old man,
said be a Palace fan,
But I said f*** off bollox you're a ****...

:guitar:
...and so on...

I can't remember the rest!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here