Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Priory in HH

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I used to live at number 26 - though that was the best part of 30 years ago!

:lolol:

Wow what are the odds! I have lived next door at 24 all my life (1987).

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Coincidences are statistically very likely - you only missed out on being my neighbour by about six years!!

:p

Lucky you got out while you could, most of HH seems to be a CHAVFEST nowadays!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Sorry for bouncing this thread, but we had the priviledge of watching Gordon Ramsay's show on the Priory last night (yes, we are about 3 years behind on the telly here!!).

As an ex Heathen, I was wondering if the Priory was still open and whether they stuck with the Grill idea or reverted back to the carvery again? And to follow the Priory Way love-in, an ex of mine lived at number 123 (i think - it was 20 odd years ago!!)

Fatboy Stenno

Feb 26, 2007
Haywards Heath
Sadly the Prioiry and Bar Nun closed down at the end of February - they went bust. (not really any surprise) By conicidence, my band had the dubious honour of playing the final gig there on Friday 26th Feb.

I understand that Wetherspoons are taking over the site and they have applied for planning permission to change the use from restaurant to pub/bar. This is very early days (they only applied a few weeks ago) so watch this space.

Personally, I think it's a shame that Haywards Heath no longer has a live music venue. If nothing else, Bar Nun was perfect for that.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
back to carvery

then went bust

now closed ithink

why? i ask you. the manager was a palace fan and a clueless twat to boot

Thanks. Is there nothing else in there now?

Just wondering what happened to it cos that is a stunning building. But as he was a palace fan, then good riddance - that's what happens when they try to infiltrate our territory!!

Was good to see glimpses of HH again. Almost had me pining for the place, but not quite!!

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Sadly the Prioiry and Bar Nun closed down at the end of February - they went bust. (not really any surprise) By conicidence, my band had the dubious honour of playing the final gig there on Friday 26th Feb.

I understand that Wetherspoons are taking over the site and they have applied for planning permission to change the use from restaurant to pub/bar. This is very early days (they only applied a few weeks ago) so watch this space.

Personally, I think it's a shame that Haywards Heath no longer has a live music venue. If nothing else, Bar Nun was perfect for that.

Cheers - answered my question already. Where was Bar Nun then - underneath the restaurant?

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
i heard about the spoons going there too. my good mate used to be in a band that played there loads (magic taxi) and he never had much good to say about the bloke. on the few occasions i met him he really came across as a cock as he did on the ramsey programme too. he used to work in IT and thought he could run the priory on the back of that.

he also thought he knew better than ramsey too, said he understood his punters more.

course you did mate.

now f*** off back to croydon

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It followed the route of most of the places that Ramsey had any input into and went bust. Interesting to note that somebody said Wetherspoons have applied for it surely they wouldnt need change of use at it is already a bar and restaurant which is what they run, although very downmarket types.

They will probably have problems getting planning permission to change it to the same design as all of their other places.

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The tapas bar there didnt last long, having said that I never visited it because I think tapas bars are a rip off.

I have also noticed that the place that was a good steak house and then became an Indian, Blue India I think it was called has now been changed to Karma Bar.

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I worked there between 2000-2004 and the place was always on its arse financially. Some weeks we didn't get paid on time! Good for freebie food - and it WAS good even though Gordon Ramsay said it was shite.:tantrum: I left before the Palace fan took over. One of the waitresses, Anna, was the biggest pricktease ever, always talking about if she'd been given one the night before.:drool:

It's an absolutely beautiful building and hopefully Wetherspoons can take over without demolishing the character.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here