Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The price of a Pie at Falmer

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I've never paid £4 for a veggie pie. Where did that little nugget of financial info come from?

Actually looking again at my receipt it actually says VEGETARIAN BURGER!!!!!!! - Odd that they gave me a PIE!!!!!!!!

I kind of assumed that as I asked for A PIE, and that they gave me PIE in return for my money, that I'd bought
a PIE.

Seems not!

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
It is why all vegetarians look pale and skinny.

Not true on either count in my case.

I'd still like to sample one of these said vegetarian pies. I wonder if they'll ever produce more than half a dozen so they're available to punters.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Actually looking again at my receipt it actually says VEGETARIAN BURGER!!!!!!! - Odd that they gave me a PIE!!!!!!!!

I kind of assumed that as I asked for A PIE, and that they gave me PIE in return for my money, that I'd bought
a PIE.

Seems not!

Just gone GOLD.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
My friend went and bought me a pie at half time the other week.

I asked for MEAT. There was none left, so he got me a VEGGIE ONE....

It was FANTASTIC.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
It’s all down to the stadium aiming to be as carbon neutral as possible, veggies cause emissions through farts so the extra 50 pence is used to offset the carbon, thus lowering the carbon footprint. People will not be happy when the balti pies go on sale on Sunday as my source tells me they will be an extra two quid!!!

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
£5.50 for a balti pie?

Sod that. Shame as I was really looking forward to having one of them, but not going to pay that much more for one.

Chicken and ham.............. £3.50
Steak and Ale.................. £3.50
Vegetarian...................... £4.00 ???

Why is the Vegetarian more expensive that the C&H and S&A ?

Can't surely be just a question of sales can it?

Vegetabletarians are selfish fuckers,make BBQs really awkward with their Me,Me,Me attitude,I always sneak a little piece chicken or sausage into their nut and carrot burgers.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Vegetabletarians are selfish fuckers,make BBQs really awkward with their Me,Me,Me attitude,I always sneak a little piece chicken or sausage into their nut and carrot burgers.

there are 4 veggies in my halls, i accidentally cooked a bacon sandwich with one of their carbon neutral green eco frying pans and they went f***ing BANANAS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here