Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pre Season Schedule 2008

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I wouldn't want a loyal player's testimonial ruined by having another team parading a trophy around our pitch (assuming they win it in the first place, of course).

Anyways, as it's highly likely that it won't be Pompey anyways, I guess it's irrelevant.

But part of the deal was, allegedly, that fans could have their photo taken with the cup with a donation going to Harty's fund, that's if they win it, if they have done the dirty on OGH, does that mean I will have to become Welsh for 2 hours tomorrow?

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut
Can't speak for anyone else obviously, but I wouldn't want a loyal player's testimonial ruined by having another team parading a trophy around our pitch (assuming they win it in the first place, of course).

Anyways, as it's highly likely that it won't be Pompey anyways, I guess it's irrelevant.

If the cup was paraded........................i would BOO at a match for the very first time:cry:

Mustela Furo

Advantage Player
Jul 7, 2003
Ferret assured me that Harry Redknapp had given his word that it would be Portsmouth, hopefully parading the old cup round the pitch beforehand, so what's happened?

First part 100% true - although that was before they reached the cup final

2nd part 100% bollócks - as these discussions took place in December and we were not that prescient!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If the Charlton game were designated as Harty's match, he may lose out BIG time, IF Sussex reach the 20-20 finals day, which is the same date.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Not really. They have about a 1 in 4 chance, if you consider all the counties as equal. I'd say in reality the chances are higher still.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
If the Charlton game were designated as Harty's match, he may lose out BIG time, IF Sussex reach the 20-20 finals day, which is the same date.

Simon - IF the Charlton game on that Saturday is OGH's testimonial, does that mean the 2008 NSC Summer Tournament will be on the following day, as was the case with Kerry's testimonial last year?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Simon - IF the Charlton game on that Saturday is OGH's testimonial, does that mean the 2008 NSC Summer Tournament will be on the following day, as was the case with Kerry's testimonial last year?

No it wont be but it will be around that time(ish) :thumbsup:

It would be a lot better if Ipswich was away. :annoyed:

Lutons closer to you, than it is us :)

Last edited:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
First part 100% true - although that was before they reached the cup final

2nd part 100% bollócks - as these discussions took place in December and we were not that prescient!

Watch the ticker Ferret, the thing about the cup came from my man at Pompey, who had said that is what they would do it to help Harty.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Not exactly INSPIRING friendlies but could be worse.

No surprises in Lewes and Havant.

Hopefully Ipswich will be part of a nice little deal for Mr Richards.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...Ipswich, hmmmm, wonder if that means they will be leaving half their squad behind after the game...or does it just give us a chance to see who will be joining us on loan next season?

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
The scedule is OK Lewes, Worthing and Burgess Hill are nice local fixtures. And Ipswich and Charlton at the Withdean will provide a sterner test. How much does it cost to get in for friendlies? Will they play any matches behind closed doors?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I suppose the positive is we play 3 LEAGUE teams in the final build up to the season.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
A good balanced schedule, some relatively easy games early in the schedule to get match practice and fitness and some really competitive games to end the schedule, the players certainly shouldn't be able to complain they won't be ready for the opening games of next season.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
luton on the train could be another fun day out :drink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here