• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
If this is true I cannot believe the cheek of Potter even considering coming back here after what he did and more so Bloom even thinking about it. It will devide the fan base and set up a toxic environment for all parties. There has to be a better option, surely ? I would seriously prefer Neil Warnock
Unless you have detailed factual information about the relationship between them , I don't think you are able to tell. A few wins, a couple of good signings and all will be forgiven.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If this is true I cannot believe the cheek of Potter even considering coming back here after what he did and more so Bloom even thinking about it. It will devide the fan base and set up a toxic environment for all parties. There has to be a better option, surely ? I would seriously prefer Neil Warnock
It might appear that way on NSC, elsewhere the vibe feels more logical/accepting that he could come back.

Don’t think there would be much division or toxicity tbh, if Tony thinks he should come back, I dare say most fans will accept that.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Do you feel as underwhelmed by the idea as I do?
I guess not. I usually don't think it's a good idea to come back for another stint. This time though it might have worked. It's been said multiple times before here, he knows the club, family settled here, he don't need more money etc. But, as long as some of you can't forget that so called history lesson, it is what it is and easy life ... hmm I don't know if it will work. IMHO you exaggerate those statements by a 1000%. It has been a thing now. Did it really hurt that much? Don't you think it's easier in a club like BHA, B'muff than Chelsea, United, FC Bayern? That doesn't mean you do a halfheartedly job! It is what it is, well everyone who have competed in something know that sometimes it really just is what it is. You can have 70+ % of the possession, 30 shoots on goal and you just know that this is not the day, you can play all night. The history lesson, well come on... I would also protect my players (he would never hang out his players in the media, like some others do, I like that). If you can booo something/someone, you will have to be prepared to get something back, don't you? Well, let's agree to disagree.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It might appear that way on NSC, elsewhere the vibe feels more logical/accepting that he could come back.

Don’t think there would be much division or toxicity tbh, if Tony thinks he should come back, I dare say most fans will accept that.
Not that I’m on it any more, but my son tells me that Twitter ?X reaction suggests the opposite.

For me, I support the club not an individual, however I will be extremely disappointed with Potter.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Oh if he does come back it will start with a very long press conference where he does a big mea culpa, and fields question after question where he apologises, says he made a big mistake and brighton was always the best club for him. Might even do a controlled fans forum to the same effect, plus local media interviews, etc. To get the point across that he was a fool and wants our forgiveness At the end of which people will be falling over themselves on here to say they've forgiven him, that they take back previous statements, even that they were 'wrong'! Seen that happen many a time on here.

I think that the Board are getting fed up having to both conduct succession planning and then have to actually put it into practice a nice period of stability would be quite nice for them even if it might seem retrograde.
I guess time will tell… im not buying the fed up bit… remember this time around it was entirely mutual - I think the club were happy to ‘release’ Roberto and enter another reboot phase.

If it’s GP I’ll be very surprised, but stranger things have happened I guess.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Only Tony and PBOBE know how Potter left. As far as I’ve seen, there was absolutely no public animosity. Who knows what was said in private. But if TB thinks Potter is the best choice, I’m happy with that. There are lots of positives - no need to list them. I was really, really disappointed when he left, as I felt we were on the verge of something really good. RDZ built on that, but blew up a year later. No reason to think that we can’t get back to the way we were playing in early 2022/23 season under Potter mark 2.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011

This just isn’t the case at all. Pretty much everyone I know wants nothing to do with him again. These are people not on NSC, or particularly active on Twitter/Facebook etc. The overwhelming majority of fans do not want him.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I'd rather him than some of the mugs that have been linked, but surely it would prompt questions on the whole 'succession planning'

Why would it if they decide he’s the best man for the job? Surely that is succession planning. It doesn’t matter who they are or where they come from, it’s about picking the right person.

It’s the same with the internal promotions we’ve made when people have moved on - some might say that’s the easy/lazy option rather than recruiting from elsewhere but the board have felt it’s the right move. So far they’ve been right about most things so personally I will trust them on this too if it is true.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lose to Chelsea or Palace, especially early in the season, at the Amex and the place would be toxic.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Not that I’m on it any more, but my son tells me that Twitter ?X reaction suggests the opposite.

For me, I support the club not an individual, however I will be extremely disappointed with Potter.
Just my experience over the years about build ups to potential reactions from here or X or wherever but in the ground they don’t materialise.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
This just isn’t the case at all. Pretty much everyone I know wants nothing to do with him again. These are people not on NSC, or particularly active on Twitter/Facebook etc. The overwhelming majority of fans do not want him.
I’m not saying everyone will be happy, but that isn’t the same as division and toxicity.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Hang on - we lost to Chelsea FOUR times over the past 10 months under RDZ!
Firstly don’t fall into the Chelsea trap of thinking pre season results count.
The point is that they are games the fans will want to win because of history (and for me Southampton) and if we lost those the vitriol would be aimed at potter. Think Millwall at home under Hypia

Albion 4ever

Feb 26, 2009
I really do not see the issue in welcoming Potter back.

He was really good for us and we were definitely on the right trajectory. Chelsea came in for him, offered him 5x his salary and coughed up over £21 million for him and his staff. Chelsea were in the Champions League as well so it was clearly a "promotion" for him. It obviously did not work out at Chelsea (it has now become a toxic job, and I am unsure if anyone will be successful there) and he has had some time to reflect, recharge the batteries and be ready for a job that he really wants wherever that may be.

It has been rumoured that he has turned down Ajax and Nice, so maybe he had been briefed about what was going on with RDZ and the job is his if he wants to come back and set the record straight?

Whoever the new Head Coach is, we have to get behind him and support him. After all, Tony Bloom has a pretty impressive record of appointing Managers/Head Coaches, Sami Hyppia apart!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here