• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
So?

All that means is people are putting money on him, not that he's about to be holding up the shirt (again). FFS someone's had a nibble at Pimienta, whose senior coaching career consists of two seasons at Las Palmas with a 39% win rate.
The bookies must be loving it

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
Ok. Can you then provide one for him that covers:
1. Not winning a football game at home for a YEAR is boring and leaves fans frustrated
2. Continuously passing around and not scoring doesn't win games
3. Winning the XG game doesn't result in points
4. Making disparaging remarks to the press about the fans isn't going to win them over
5. How leaving with the entire coaching staff for a bigger bag of gold after 7 games into the season, is not a good thing
6. How being a Brighton manager is the easy life.

And any other relevant points.

If you could start a thread on it and then others can contribute, it'll make sure it's a thorough one.
1) yeah that’s an issue but he set up everything for RDZ
2) RDZ did exactly the same
3) Don’t care or understand xg nonsense
4) he didn’t though did he ?
5) he’s ambitious. Every other manager would have done the same, the coaching staff weren’t forced to go
6) taken out of context because you’re bitter

How about that ?

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
5) he’s ambitious. Every other manager would have done the same, the coaching staff weren’t forced to go

How about that ?

Lol, don't give up the day job and become a History teacher.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Scenario 1 - GP doesn’t come back. Localised bedwetting ends. Pre / next season underway. Life goes on with the usual match day moaning on NSC.
Scenario 2- TB & PB reappoint GP. Outraged NSC’ers give up ST’s. ST’s purchased by those on waiting list. Pre / next season underway. Life goes on with the usual match day moaning on NSC.

Some things will never change.
Bet none of those saying they’ll give up their STs actually will anyway :shrug:

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk

How about that ?

GP would not have gone unless he had agreement of his staff, so they jumped with him.

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023

GP would not have gone unless he had agreement of his staff, so they jumped with him.
So they’re all to blame. They’re weren’t kidnapped and paid enough money so they don’t have to ever work again then ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Absolutely agree. It was always blown out of proportion anyway and, looking at what he actually said, I don't see much wrong with it. For starters, he never said "the fans needs a history lesson", he said "maybe I need a history lesson". A subtle difference, but an important one that's been lost over the years:

"The fans are entitled to their opinions but I disagree with them. You have to understand the game, who we played and what we did. We are sitting eighth in the Premier League, but maybe I need a history lesson on the club. We continue to play with the same level of courage and bravery going forward but for today we have to take a point and the clean sheet."

It's a throwaway comment after a frustrating match. I don't think for one moment that people would still be banging on about it 4 years later.
Same with the 'easy life' comment. An off the cuff remark to deflect a tedious barrage of toxic reporters post match, and one I'm sure he regrets. Blown out of all proportion on here.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
Being objective, Potter gave RDZ a brilliant foundation to work with. We didn't really want Potter to go, until he left us, and he's now learnt some experience managing big players in big clubs. He chooses good coaching staff and tactically isn't a million miles from how we like to see the team play.

His comment about the history lesson hasn't aged well, it was a mistake to say it at the time. He seemed to learn a bit about humility at Chelsea, not sure he had a choice. Would many fans forgive him? If he got us back in Europe yes.

He's a devil we know and potentially a better devil than other choices, he has PL experience and 'if' he wanted to come back he'd be doing so to prove a point...the performance we'd get from that point is no bad thing, he'd want to succeed.

dippy2449

May 24, 2004
Norfolk
Being objective, Potter gave RDZ a brilliant foundation to work with. We didn't really want Potter to go, until he left us, and he's now learnt some experience managing big players in big clubs. He chooses good coaching staff and tactically isn't a million miles from how we like to see the team play.

His comment about the history lesson hasn't aged well, it was a mistake to say it at the time. He seemed to learn a bit about humility at Chelsea, not sure he had a choice. Would many fans forgive him? If he got us back in Europe yes.

He's a devil we know and potentially a better devil than other choices, he has PL experience and 'if' he wanted to come back he'd be doing so to prove a point...the performance we'd get from that point is no bad thing, he'd want to succeed.
The same happened to Roy Hodgson when he said the Palarse fans had been spoilt.
He was right!! Both Palarse and Albion fans are being spoilt in comparison to our historical highs and lows.
Sometimes it is good to just stand back and look at what you have rather than taking everything for granted and quibbling over what you think you deserve!!

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Bet none of those saying they’ll give up their STs actually will anyway :shrug:
I wouldn't give mine up but I would list it every week on the exchange until he goes.
I don't want that snake anywhere near the club again

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Can't forget when he left he said if he wanted an easy life he would have stayed at Brighton, obviously didn't give us 100%, I trust in our recruitment that we won't go back.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Cant see it happening. I just cant see Tony turning to a man that so quickly jumped ship, after all the patience we'd had with him. Also, Tony will be very aware that even though GP is a decent enough quality manager for us, there will be a section of the support that would feel uneasy about his return, and after the first bit of poor form that section of support and the resulting negative press will get very loud. I just cant see it happening, it has the potential for a volatile situation if he came in and didnt immediately get results.
But what if it’s not just players that are being developed and moved on at profit - why not managers as well? Who knows what TB had in mind appointing Potter and whether he was considered another money making project?

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Potter seen heading towards The Grand...

1000004582.png

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Can't forget when he left he said if he wanted an easy life he would have stayed at Brighton, obviously didn't give us 100%, I trust in our recruitment that we won't go back.
another Potter quote taken out of context.

he was responding to a question regarding Chelsea's historical willingness to sack their manager after a minor run of poor form. He was asserting that at Brighton, Tony is less trigger happy and willing to let his manger ride out the rough patches without the threat of sacking.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
The issue for me is that Potter (including the history lesson) was always saying how good he was just to keep us in the Prem, whereas RdZ wanted Europe and said we were good enough to beat any team (albeit with many "We are Brighton..." press conferences. I want to winner mentality again.
You forget Potter beat Arsenal in the Europa league with Ostersunds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here