Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Funnily enough, I know exactly where Potter is this evening as he is at the same place as a friend of mine. I certainly won't be posting on here where that is but the one thing I can say is that all the supposed movement on his possible appointment moving forward - today at least - is bollocks. The one place he isn't today is locked in a room with Paul Barber.
Gimp masked up at the Fetish club in Hove?

Garyoldfan

Jun 14, 2023
2/3rds of the voting fans don't want the Brummie Twonk back.

20% can't decide if they want or not to have a history lesson about the easy life as a Brighton Coach.

Less than 20% actually want him back.

After all the good he did laying the groundwork down for the RDZ era, it shows how much the way he left us still rankles with the fans.
This “history lesson” quote is getting boring now. To be fair he was right.

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Scenario 1 - GP doesn’t come back. Localised bedwetting ends. Pre / next season underway. Life goes on with the usual match day moaning on NSC.
Scenario 2- TB & PB reappoint GP. Outraged NSC’ers give up ST’s. ST’s purchased by those on waiting list. Pre / next season underway. Life goes on with the usual match day moaning on NSC.

Some things will never change.

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
If Potter returns he will come back a wiser and richer man. He will know the score. He will understand that some fans have it in for him - he lives here for Christs sake. If he’s learned his lesson and got the bottle to face up then good luck to him. He’ll get my support and I would hope the support of fans who love the club and have faith in the decisions that TB makes on all our behalves.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
One of the more rational reasons cited as to why Potter isn’t a good fit for this squad is our abundance of talented wingers, a position Potter didn’t favour too much. But with March’s injury, Mitoma likely to leave, no Fati, Buonanotte actually a no. 10, and Adingra potentially a target for others then we don’t have ANY wingers. That we have been shit this year is for that reason and RDZ’s lack of flexibility. We do have some good wingbacks though who don’t look like leaving anytime soon. I’m fence but if Potter does return it will be for these reasons and then some. For example, he will know how to get the best out of the young players too, and reignite the careers of Lamptey, Moder etc. Our model depends on this.
You've forgotten that we've already signed ANOTHER winger in Osman and have spent two years developing Baker-Boatley,

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
The issue for me is that Potter (including the history lesson) was always saying how good he was just to keep us in the Prem, whereas RdZ wanted Europe and said we were good enough to beat any team (albeit with many "We are Brighton..." press conferences. I want to winner mentality again.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Absolutely agree. It was always blown out of proportion anyway and, looking at what he actually said, I don't see much wrong with it. For starters, he never said "the fans needs a history lesson", he said "maybe I need a history lesson". A subtle difference, but an important one that's been lost over the years:

"The fans are entitled to their opinions but I disagree with them. You have to understand the game, who we played and what we did. We are sitting eighth in the Premier League, but maybe I need a history lesson on the club. We continue to play with the same level of courage and bravery going forward but for today we have to take a point and the clean sheet."

It's a throwaway comment after a frustrating match. I don't think for one moment that people would still be banging on about it 4 years later.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Cant see it happening. I just cant see Tony turning to a man that so quickly jumped ship, after all the patience we'd had with him. Also, Tony will be very aware that even though GP is a decent enough quality manager for us, there will be a section of the support that would feel uneasy about his return, and after the first bit of poor form that section of support and the resulting negative press will get very loud. I just cant see it happening, it has the potential for a volatile situation if he came in and didnt immediately get results.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Cant see it happening. I just cant see Tony turning to a man that so quickly jumped ship, after all the patience we'd had with him. Also, Tony will be very aware that even though GP is a decent enough quality manager for us, there will be a section of the support that would feel uneasy about his return, and after the first bit of poor form that section of support and the resulting negative press will get very loud. I just cant see it happening, it has the potential for a volatile situation if he came in and didnt immediately get results.
This is exactly where I am too. Everything we've seen from Tony and Paul's decision making, on a whole range of issues, makes it very difficult for me to make a logical case in my head for Potter returning.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Odds on ..

1000004580.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
So?

All that means is people are putting money on him, not that he's about to be holding up the shirt (again). FFS someone's had a nibble at Pimienta, whose senior coaching career consists of two seasons at Las Palmas with a 39% win rate.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach

Ok. Can you then provide one for him that covers:
1. Not winning a football game at home for a YEAR is boring and leaves fans frustrated
2. Continuously passing around and not scoring doesn't win games
3. Winning the XG game doesn't result in points
4. Making disparaging remarks to the press about the fans isn't going to win them over
5. How leaving with the entire coaching staff for a bigger bag of gold after 7 games into the season, is not a good thing
6. How being a Brighton manager is the easy life.

And any other relevant points.

If you could start a thread on it and then others can contribute, it'll make sure it's a thorough one.

Javeaseagull

NSC Patron
Feb 22, 2014
I keep hearing this line about “taking the entire coaching staff with him.” Considering the size of the coaching staff that Roberto brought with him it was better to get compo from Chelsea than pay them off ourselves or may be I am missing something?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here