• Total voters

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good observation.
Though Igor was terrible when it mattered…..
Igor was poor but he was signed as probably second choice centre back and not an LB in a possession, draw and break team.

Much worse than Colwill, who I suspect is another player RDZ and TB fell out over (though that’s a pure guess / opinion)

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
- It will need to accept that a substantiale portion of the fans would rather see Albion lose than see Potter successful. Plenty of people have already said that the difficult thing about Potter returning would be the atmosphere. In other words, fans are stating they are willing to damage the club to get rid of the manager. Of course it says more about them than about anything else - but it needs to be accepted that this would happen.
Absolute rubbish. I don't want to see Potter back but if he was reappointed, so be it. A few wins and people would be back on board. The idea that "a substantial portion of the fans" would actually want Albion to lose is utter bullshit, and based on nothing whatsover.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Igor was poor but he was signed as probably second choice centre back and not an LB in a possession, draw and break team.

Much worse than Colwill, who I suspect is another player RDZ and TB fell out over (though that’s a pure guess / opinion)
Colwill is an interesting one . . .he was A1 alongside LD . . . . And could have transitioned beautifully with JPVH and Webster as Dunk winds down, so to speak . . . . My guess is Chelsea put a ridiculous price tag To try and claw back some of their 'investment' 😂

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Colwill is an interesting one . . .he was A1 alongside LD . . . . And could hae transitioned beautifully with JPVH and Webster as Dunk winds down, so to speak . . . . My guess is Chelsea put a ridiculous price tag To try and claw back some of their 'investment' 😂
Yeah, I reckon you’re on to something there.

My worry with Chelsea is that we’ve won the short term cash and people battle but they’ll win the war.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
He’s now less than 2/1 with the bookies. I don’t care how much it’s based on betting patterns, bookies don’t put something nearly odds on unless they know something.
The bookies don't "know" anything FFS. De Zerbi was odds on this morning to manage Chelsea. Now it's being reported that he's talking to Man Utd. McKenna was odds on this morning to come to Brighton, now it's being reported that he's staying at Ipswich. You said it yourself -- betting odds reflect the movements of sentiment in the market ie the punters. They have no secret access to Bloom and Barber.

Van Cleef

Jun 17, 2023
Colwill is an interesting one . . .he was A1 alongside LD . . . . And could hae transitioned beautifully with JPVH and Webster as Dunk winds down, so to speak . . . . My guess is Chelsea put a ridiculous price tag To try and claw back some of their 'investment' 😂
With Colwill, Chelsea set their stall out early with some pretty robust language that he was one one for the future and he was going nowhere. Difficult to row back from that position without looking like they don't know what they're doing (ha ha). But we tried our best I think.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute rubbish. I don't want to see Potter back but if he was reappointed, so be it. A few wins and people would be back on board. The idea that "a substantial portion of the fans" would actually want Albion to lose is utter bullshit, and based on nothing whatsover.
Sometimes I think we are two ends of a something that meet. Not a circle because that would imply extremes. More like something like this.

1716842909434.png

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Funnily enough, I know exactly where Potter is this evening as he is at the same place as a friend of mine. I certainly won't be posting on here where that is but the one thing I can say is that all the supposed movement on his possible appointment moving forward - today at least - is bollocks. The one place he isn't today is locked in a room with Paul Barber.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
2/3rds of the voting fans don't want the Brummie Twonk back.

20% can't decide if they want or not to have a history lesson about the easy life as a Brighton Coach.

Less than 20% actually want him back.

After all the good he did laying the groundwork down for the RDZ era, it shows how much the way he left us still rankles with the fans.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
2/3rds of the voting fans don't want the Brummie Twonk back.

20% can't decide if they want or not to have a history lesson about the easy life as a Brighton Coach.

Less than 20% actually want him back.

After all the good he did laying the groundwork down for the RDZ era, it shows how much the way he left us still rankles with the fans.

I said no but it is less to do with how he left us and more to do with the fact that for me, he hasn't realised his potential.

His tenure with us was all about potential, it was exciting because we were so close to becoming a brilliant team. Possibly he realised that potential but he left before he could really bed it in for us.

I file him under 'Not good enough' these days. I want better.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

My worry with Chelsea is that we’ve won the short term cash and people battle but they’ll win the war.

Its f***ing Chelsea. Were not competing with Chelsea. They're one of the biggest clubs in the world. If you gonna get upset that Chelsea do better than us then you're in for a lot of pain. We're not competing with Chelsea.

jcdenton08

Offended Liver Sausage
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Again, as it bears repeating;

We won the Charity Shield in 1910.

Chelsea have won:

IMG_3355.jpeg

I love my club very much but the very idea we can compete with the top clubs on status, reputation or finances is laughable.

Our recruitment pitch for players and staff is and will remain “come here, build a reputation, help us progress and earn that big move. Put in the graft for us, we’ll develop you, and when the time is right we won’t stop you moving upwards”.

I think anyone who doesn’t accept/understand this should probably move on to one of the top sides, because it will never change short of some kind of Superleague scenario.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024

The war, well... Its in your head. In your head, they're still fighting.

In reality its a fat lad on steroids beating us with a stick.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Its f***ing Chelsea. Were not competing with Chelsea. They're one of the biggest clubs in the world. If you gonna get upset that Chelsea do better than us then you're in for a lot of pain. We're not competing with Chelsea.
I didn’t say that. I said they’re taking all our good staff.

Nevertheless a) we finished six places ahead of them in RDZ’s first season and b) I can remember when they were broke and Stamford Bridge was full of 8000 racists and three aquamarine Trabants.

A) might be because we had a bit of belief for a change.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
One of the more rational reasons cited as to why Potter isn’t a good fit for this squad is our abundance of talented wingers, a position Potter didn’t favour too much. But with March’s injury, Mitoma likely to leave, no Fati, Buonanotte actually a no. 10, and Adingra potentially a target for others then we don’t have ANY wingers. That we have been shit this year is for that reason and RDZ’s lack of flexibility. We do have some good wingbacks though who don’t look like leaving anytime soon. I’m fence but if Potter does return it will be for these reasons and then some. For example, he will know how to get the best out of the young players too, and reignite the careers of Lamptey, Moder etc. Our model depends on this.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
One of the more rational reasons cited as to why Potter isn’t a good fit for this squad is our abundance of talented wingers, a position Potter didn’t favour too much. But with March’s injury, Mitoma likely to leave, no Fati, Buonanotte actually a no. 10, and Adingra potentially a target for others then we don’t have ANY wingers. That we have been shit this year is for that reason and RDZ’s lack of flexibility. We do have some good wingbacks though who don’t look like leaving anytime soon. I’m fence but if Potter does return it will be for these reasons and then some. For example, he will know how to get the best out of the young players too, and reignite the careers of Lamptey, Moder etc. Our model depends on this.
There's going to be change regardless, whoever come in will play differently to RDZ, some players who starred under RDZ won't look as good, some players who went backwards under RDZ will play well. Players will leave, new ones will come in and it will all take time to gel.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here