NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As an expensive RDZ choice, allegedly, that doesn’t sound great. Throw in the alleged falling out with Dahoud and it asks questions about how well RDZ thinks things through. TB picks up the bill though
So do head coaches at Brighton sign players or not?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
If Potter wanted an easy life he'd have stayed at Brighton.........
It's that statement that makes me think he wouldn't be back here.

PBOBE must be looking at NSC having a laugh right now

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I could understand if the guy had finished top six and won our tough group in Europe. Potter didn’t believe a small little team that used to play in an athletics track could finish top six, hence the history lesson.
Do we really want a manager with that mentality?
Get RDZ on the phone TB kiss and make up, meet him half way and get on with things.
Anything than the Glow over Brunmie.

De Zerbi in Comparison to Potter. De Zerbi's highs were higher than Potter's. But De Zerbi's lows were significantly lower. Some of the football I've watched in 2024 has been god damn awful.

Reading this board, it's funny how you have to be Team Potter or team De Zerbi. People trying to rewrite history to suit that teams narrative.

Come on, you’ve obviously forgotten some of the Covid era football

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
As an expensive RDZ choice, allegedly, that doesn’t sound great. Throw in the alleged falling out with Dahoud and it asks questions about how well RDZ thinks things through. TB picks up the bill though

Fati - a wage for 10 months.
Dahoud - just a wage, less whatever his new club are paying.

Relatively small compared to the vast financial losses from Locadia and Jahanbakhsh, £56m.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You could argue he was.

Pre Forest he was great. After that injury he played like a player who was scared of getting injured.

After that RDZ kept him out and quite rightly. No one was saying ‘bring on Fati’ by the end.
Great is strong, he certainly looked better in Europe, against arguably less physical teams where he had more space.

He didn’t exactly tear the PL up.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Great is strong, he certainly looked better in Europe, against arguably less physical teams where he had more space.

He didn’t exactly tear the PL up.
I think that’s fair enough. Probably had his best games in Europe, particularly against Ajax.

Dahoud also looked ok in Europe, but he was awful from the get go in Premier League.

It does make you wonder if De Zerbi was targeting good European players and hoping the club’s famous recruitment would fill in for the Premier League.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
Ok. So we offer Potter the job. Would he take it?

He turned down ajax, isn't he looking to progress his career? You don't do that by going back to the team you left 2 years ago

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think that’s fair enough. Probably had his best games in Europe, particularly against Ajax.

Dahoud also looked ok in Europe, but he was awful from the get go in Premier League.

It does make you wonder if De Zerbi was targeting good European players and hoping the club’s famous recruitment would fill in for the Premier League.
Good observation.
Though Igor was terrible when it mattered…..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Gpot shat on the club . . . Yes TB was smart enough to ensure we were financially compensated, BUT, Gpot shat on the club, and took all he could . . . . f***ed us all off. . . .

I don't understand anything more than a single one page thread. No. Never.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here