• No

Votes: 401 61.1%
  • Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

fruitnveg

Jul 22, 2010
Waitrose. Veg aisles
If that's true, Bloom/Barbs would know and wouldn't be looking to rehire (if they even are).
Which is why I don't believe we're even remotely interested in Potter. That ship has long, long since sailed and sunk. Its a media Bluff because they, at large know as much as we do. Sweet F*** All

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
The Princess Bride Boo GIF by filmeditor

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Like I said in another thread...
A lot of people seem to think Potter is sitting in Tony Bloom's waiting room trying to hide his excitement.

In reality, this is what Potter needs to do if he's going to take over:
- Receive tons of abuse directed against him and his family, and seeing the Albion-fan-intelligentia approve it, as hostility is currently really cool and trendy in modern football and society.
- Give up his £10m-a-year-contract to get maybe £2m a year with hus; in other words paying some £10m-£20m to coach us.
- Probably have 24/7 surveillance around him and his family in the first few months and if things don't go great.
- Never achieving support from the sentiment of the fans who are more keen on their emotions than the success of the club. Well, maybe if we end up top 5, but thats pretty hard.

As for the club:
- The PR/info machinery is going to have to do a f*** load of explaining to people who are unwilling to understand pretty much anything. It will demand a lot from everything at the top to make it work.
- It will need to accept that a substantiale portion of the fans would rather see Albion lose than see Potter successful. Plenty of people have already said that the difficult thing about Potter returning would be the atmosphere. In other words, fans are stating they are willing to damage the club to get rid of the manager. Of course it says more about them than about anything else - but it needs to be accepted that this would happen.
- All things considered, the club would need to offer Graham Potter a bunch of work security and better-than-normal contract, and escape mechanisms if one single miserable cokehead crosses some unacceptable line.
There's a lot the club needs to consider. From what I've heard, I don't think Potter is putting himself in a club like Chelsea again.

It's a big decision and he will only be offered it/willing to accept it if both parties are intending on making it a long term collaboration.

holybanjo

Mar 2, 2020
Hastings
We are in absolute crisis mode right now.

I think he could do a job, but our fans will have nowhere near enough patience as we did first time round. If we do not get off to a good start to the season under him then the atmosphere will become very, very toxic, putting even more pressure on the team to get results, will quickly demoralise the squad and before you know it we are in a relegation battle.

I think rehiring him is a really bad idea.
At this point we’re already in a relegation battle

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Barber states that we are a club which is very attractive to ambitious, successful managers. Surely we have been working on a contingency plan for KM turning us down especially as we know two bigger clubs were also in the running for him.
If Barber has only lined up Potter, then f@ck me, he’s been lazy and complacent.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
When asked about his previous stint at Brighton, Potter said '‘When you talk about Chelsea you talk about a love affair, but when you talk about Brighton you are talking about a marriage' *

*some will get it.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
At this point we’re already in a relegation battle
This is true. We are level on goal difference with the team who are bottom at present.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I have no issue that he left us for another job. I'd have done the same thing if met with the same situation.

I'm just a bit underwhelmed as I was looking forward to another new chapter. New is fun. Might end up fine though so certainly not going to go full hyperbole on it.

However it's worth doing it (the appointment) just for the fraction of people that will lose their minds. That should be entertaining.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I do like this thread. Absolutely hilario....:catfight::catfight:.

I see 297 people voted that they didn't want Potter back. ( I might have been one of them but I don't think I could be arsed to vote )_. There are about 30,000 supporters attending each of the home games , so that '297' represents 1 in a 100 Albion supporters.

I will be surprised to say the least if Potter is invited back, but if Mr. Bloom thinks it's the best way to go, I,ll go with it.....and of course, I will hurl abuse at Potter if he fails.

This forum does not represent the average Albion supporter....IMHO.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton

I see 297 people voted that they didn't want Potter back. ( I might have been one of them but I don't think I could be arsed to vote )_. There are about 30,000 supporters attending each of the home games , so that '297' represents 1 in a 100 Albion supporters.

I will be surprised to say the least if Potter is invited back, but if Mr. Bloom thinks it's the best way to go, I,ll go with it.....and of course, I will hurl abuse at Potter if he fails.

Don’t say that, if Judas returns i’m hoping for a fine selection of season ticket options to become available

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
It’s funny how many of the posters who are adamant they don’t want Potter back are often the quickest to leap to the defence of Tony Bloom at any perceived slight. We either trust Tony or we don’t. If he want Potter that’s enough for me.
I'd leap to the defence of my wife. She's alright.

But I also think she makes some f***ing ludicrous decisions sometimes.

You can have both.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
I’d like PBOBE to go through the motions of rehiring Potter and take it right to the last minute, and just when GPott thinks things are settled and he’s coming back… then fucks him off out of it.

Revenge served cold!

That's a horrible and wicked suggestion that could seriously damage his mental well being and emotional intelligence.............................and I bloody love it! :)

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

We saw what the fans thought about Potter 18 months ago when he returned as Chelsea manager.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
He’s now less than 2/1 with the bookies. I don’t care how much it’s based on betting patterns, bookies don’t put something nearly odds on unless they know something.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here