• Fence

Votes: 137 20.9%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He can only come back if he writes each and every fan whose feelings he hurt a nice letter of apology, explaining that he's learnt his lesson and promising not to be such a stupid twat next time round. I hope that's made clear to him during "talks".
And I expect to be addressed as 'Dr'. Not all this 'Mr' bollocks that I get when I go to my GP surgery. f***ing medics aren't proper 'doctors' till they have done 3 years' research and written a thesis. Like what I have. Proper research training.

If Potter gets that wrong, he'll be dead to me. Fact.

Baldrick

Aug 24, 2020
All the poll on this thread is telling me is 371 posters don’t want Potter back.

Can’t see TB or PB taking much notice of this poll. It’s hardly representative of the entire Brighton fan base.

Ike and Tina Burner

Mar 22, 2019
1000003906.gif

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
I am so tempted to post a poll asking reactions if GP did come back. I don’t see it happening but fascinating to know how fans would react. Boo, grumpily accept it and struggle to cheer an Albion win, love it, refuse to go to the Amex again as long as he was here, ask for a season ticket refund, TB knows best. Any options I’ve missed?

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
All the poll on this thread is telling me is 371 posters don’t want Potter back.

Can’t see TB or PB taking much notice of this poll. It’s hardly representative of the entire Brighton fan base.
True - it’s a representation of a small % of Albion fans… which if you extrapolated out across the fan base as a whole would probably result in a near 50/50 split or at best a 40/60 in favour of Potter…

Still, it’s a very bold move as it will (initially at least) polarise a large % of fans…

I’m still not buying it, but if it happens GP will need a charisma bypass to convince the doubters that he’s back for the long haul and be contrite with it, whilst sounding believably enthusiastic… if he says the wrong thing, he’d be in DEEP shit from the off.

I’m still not convinced he’s the answer, and I’m amazed we’d consider a retrograde step …

The noise is interesting, but it’s probably nothing more than a nice little narrative for the bookies :)

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Do you need PBs email address to offer your opinion that he should give Potter the job because it'll piss off 2/3 of the fan base?

Really? Because in the subsequent interview by PB I saw, he expressed quite some annoyance at him leaving with our entire back room staff. Yes publicly they issued a statement but privately what they said and thought could be very different.
No. I have his email address. Clearly he should appoint Potter if he's the best available candidate. The same reason that any appointment will be made.

Yes I saw that interview too. I'm sure it was annoying. I'm also sure he's a rational man who knows he set the boundaries that bit us in the arse somewhat but the overall culture of openness and integrity was more important than blocking moves. I am 100% certain that his decision making is not emotionally compromised.

I don't think Potters coming but frankly anyone whose ditching their support over it, fine I'll either meet new supporters or enjoy the smaller queues.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
This would be a first from Football Outsider …. I literally have them down has a serial liars.
Quite.

I suspect the BS wider ‘media’ of two things, one: driving the betting markets - can’t think why ?!? Ahem. Two: of a snide side narrative, a kind of self fulfilling prophecy - that we can’t land our targets and suddenly we’re a club in crisis - and our model becomes a laughing stock, undermining our wider recruitment and so on… again, why would there be a vested interest in keeping us in ‘our place’ ? Who could possibly gain from undermining the club…

Hmmmmmmmmm

Infamy infamy, they’ve all got it infamy ! And all that - yes, but there’s something strange afoot.

Ultimately, the club will carry on regardless (ahem) and we’ll weather this strange fake news storm that’s addling our collective brains !!

It’s all utter BOLLOCKS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here