Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Posh Fans Podcast - Review of Saturdays' Game

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
It's hard not to be bitter about things like Tomlin not getting sent off after the ridiculous things we've had people booked and sent off for this season. In fact even comparing the two things feels wrong, because even if we didn't get players sent off for nothing Tomlin blatantly should have walked. Oh well.

To be fair to Peterborough they're getting closer to us, 3-0, 3-1, 2-0, 2-1 :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So is it FACT that NO KEEPER has saved a Will Buckley shot all season? Incredible STAT if true.

Its like he's playing FIFA on beginner mode.

Hope so. We can dream. He's already scored more for us than in 31 games for Watford. Hah! Bargain.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
"Interesting to read McCann's stats in the programme - he has a very high quota of shots this season (60+) with a high percentage on target and 8 goals, yet he has been injured for the last 6 weeks. Impressive. Good at set pieces. Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on if Posh don't stay up, would be very handy addition for us, especially around CMS".

Been saying this for yonks - the only thing against him is his age.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
"They had the better of the referee..." "I can't believe how Tomlin wasn't sent off.." mmm.

Curious dialect, Peterborough. Somewhere between Caamebridge and Lester 'like.

PG

TheDuke

Oct 28, 2011
Arundel
Breath of fresh air those boys on the podcast. Sure, they were a little myopic (as are we all supporting our teams) but generally very fair with their observations. Made a really good listen... can't we get something going on those lines. Well done you Posh broadcasters

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Just listened to it. Quality podcast as usual and a pleasure to hear the regulars talk about our team. Good and fair analysis. I really hope Posh stay up. Not least for a trip to London Road next year. I always download Standing on the Glebe. I don't always listen - but when I do it is always a pleasure. Does one of them come from Spalding - he has the same accent as a friend of mine.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I like the suggestion that we're streetwise. We lacked that sort of intelligence and nous against West Ham, we're learning.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Yes - it is interesting listening to others analysis. Some of it I was not sure about - do we get 10 behind the ball if we take the lead ?

I would say that we are set up to be very defensive, Gus is very hot on defensive organisation and keeping it tight at the back. Personally, I think we're generally about 10 yards too deep but I want to see a different game to the one Gus likes. I know which of us has more weight behind our opinions, don't get me wrong, but I deffinitely think we are quite defensive. But I wouldn't ever say we're negative though, we are set up to attack and keep the ball aswell, rather than defend the whole game and wait for a counter attack.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I would say that we are set up to be very defensive, Gus is very hot on defensive organisation and keeping it tight at the back. Personally, I think we're generally about 10 yards too deep but I want to see a different game to the one Gus likes. I know which of us has more weight behind our opinions, don't get me wrong, but I deffinitely think we are quite defensive. But I wouldn't ever say we're negative though, we are set up to attack and keep the ball aswell, rather than defend the whole game and wait for a counter attack.

I have been trying to keep an eye on how we move the ball to isolate the fullback to give the wingers a one on one. I would love to sit next to Gus in a game and have him tell me what he sees. Watching the Albion these days is a football education.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
I have been trying to keep an eye on how we move the ball to isolate the fullback to give the wingers a one on one. I would love to sit next to Gus in a game and have him tell me what he sees. Watching the Albion these days is a football education.

In all seriousness, I would buy a DVD of ANY match with commentary from Gus Poyet.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
In all seriousness, I would buy a DVD of ANY match with commentary from Gus Poyet.

Agreed, but I think you would need to see the whole of the pitch - ideally from the front row of the Upper West. If anyone wanted to raise some money for a charity - they should ask Gus to offer that. It would be best if it was the Albion - but alas, not very likely. I think you could raise a lot of cash.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Breath of fresh air those boys on the podcast. Sure, they were a little myopic (as are we all supporting our teams) but generally very fair with their observations. Made a really good listen... can't we get something going on those lines. Well done you Posh broadcasters

You're right, someone should...

Sadly, we can't get away with such fruity language. :(

standingontheglebe

Oct 22, 2010
Cheers for the feedback folks, glad people enjoyed it - though away fans always seem to when their team wins and we say nice things about them :)

The swearing and ranting doesn't please everyone and has bty all accounts cost us some PUFC listeners but not to worry - it is what it is - some blokes sat around in the pub after the game talking about the game.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
Quality podcast from a quality team/fans.

Still preferred the one last season when we really were f*cking brilliant! Glad to see you are holding your own in the Champ on a low budget.

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Cheers for the feedback folks, glad people enjoyed it - though away fans always seem to when their team wins and we say nice things about them :)

Good coverage guys. When you said you were suprised we were playing worse than last year, did it not occur to you that you might have seen the best of us at LR? It's no coincidence the 'we're f***ing brilliant' chant was born at LR in 2010.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I think you'll be ok.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here