Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The "Polite" Archer & Bellotti Challenge...

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
I personally think that Greg Stanley was the worst, he was originally a fan, who then stiffed the club.

Bill Archer's final act was to write off £700k that the club owed him.

Bellotti is a weasel.
THis, although I would use a different word to weasel, and probably get another ban!!

Archer I think was a business man, well out of touch with what football was about. In his carear, he has made his fortune, selling off ailing companies, and I think he saw an oppertunty in the Albion, but never realised what football meant to the common man, and didn't plan on what came next. I think in the end, he may have wanted to own a football club, but it was too late for him by then.

Bellotti is a sad little man, who needs a master to tell him what to do. And he found that in Archer, who treated him as his puppet and then cast him aside.

Greg Stanley is the one who got off the lighest, as without his "input" I don't think none of it would have happened, and who knows we may still have been at the Goldstone.

So in hindsight, I would tell each of them to f*** off and die, kick Bellotii in the bollocks, and wish a slow painful death on Stanley, and just shake my head at Archer, tut and say "what a twat"

But in secret, I wouldn't change the last 15 years. It was a unique ride, and a far more interesting one, than one we would have had had we off still been at the GOldstone. Obviously if had turned out bad, my view would be different, but I wouldn't want to change the history of the club since that final year at the goldstone.

What an adventure these three dickheads started, even if they didn't plan it that way at the time

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Coming from East Preston i have the misfortune of bumping into Stanley from time to time and i always give him a verbal bashing.I have not met him since we left the Withers but i will be giving him the victory speech when i do.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Coming from East Preston i have the misfortune of bumping into Stanley from time to time and i always give him a verbal bashing.I have not met him since we left the Withers but i will be giving him the victory speech when i do.

My son drinks in E Preston with his mates and tellsme that Stanley now spends most of his time in Spain. I would ask all 3 to be truthful and tell me what their plan was and what they hoped for the final outcome but I am sure the word truth to those 3 doesnt exist.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Nothing, nothing at all.

The rest is silence.

DavePage

THANK YOU!!! Had they not have instigated the darkest years in our history, we would not be where we are now.
I am amazed even today as to how they could have done what they did, it’s correct to hate them & despise what they did to the fans, the players, the city and football fans in general. It’s sad that individuals can have the power to destroy something that matters to so many people.
Bellotti was/is a faceless spineless piece of work (should have been a politician) Cringe every time I see his picture. The others aren’t even worth a mention.
How can the likes of Risdale be allowed to continue their legacy? Maybe even worse, doing it as a tour.....going from club to club shafting them.
But, back to my original Thank You!! Do you think we would have ever left the Goldstone? I know we considered the Coral Stadium, Waterhall, the top of Neville Road.
Would we have bought up the houses to the side of the Goldstone & redeveloped the ground. Always amazed me that there were so few houses down the east side, why didn’t we buy them up anyway, when first built & used for youth players & starter homes for newly transferred players whilst they looked for their own new home. Just a thought
Look at where we are now, WE WON!!!!
What’s the betting that they still say in conversation, look at Brighton, top of the championship, we were part of that.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
Cant really answer as to what I would say, probably just spit on the ground if I saw them but more than likely would not even acknowledge them.

But if I was TB and lets say in 3 years time we are holding our own as a PL team, the loan for ground and academy is either paid back or will be paid back within a year or 2 and the club is making a nice profit, I would invite the 3 of them to my box one game and leave a copy of the balance sheet laying around with the words printed on it

"Now thats how to make money from a football club"

D

Deleted User X18H

There are assumptions being made about us mods that I am not entirely convinced about.

Like what? Did you not take East Street in 1964 after all? Does a Parka not offer as much protection from the wind or rain as we'd like to think. Was Lesley Ash faking it?

D

Deleted User X18H

It beats me why we have to bang on about Archer and Bellotti all the time anyway. Move on, are people not experiencing the super feel good factor most Albion fans , people generally in Brighton & Hove and even those within the club are feeling. Yes 14 or 15 years a group of men totally ignored what the football club was about and tried (allegedly) to asset strip the club, for their own long term gain.

We have a super stadium we are top of the ENTIRE football league, we are in fact the 21st best team in England. We also now have probably the best manager / chariman combination we have ever had.

Never forgive don't forget, but blimey don't keep going on about them, they might be reading this and wallowing in the fact they still get under some people's skin.

Brighton & Hove Albion in 2011 I would say is a completley different entity to Brighton & Hove Albion of 1996/7. Enjoy the current Albion.

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
I would just put something nasty in their tea when they weren't looking.
Cyanide anyone? And would you like sugar with that?

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Jim me old mucker I used to know the weasel, asked him many times about why he screwed on Brighton, he always blamed Ivor Caplin (the councillor and then MP at the time) for promising us a site for a stadium but baulking on his promises. Seems plausible, but why try to break the club because of an MP, it never added up.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Jim me old mucker I used to know the weasel, asked him many times about why he screwed on Brighton, he always blamed Ivor Caplin (the councillor and then MP at the time) for promising us a site for a stadium but baulking on his promises. Seems plausible, but why try to break the club because of an MP, it never added up.

The thing is though Geoff, you do not sell the ground without permission to build elsewhere.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
It beats me why we have to bang on about Archer and Bellotti all the time anyway. Move on, are people not experiencing the super feel good factor most Albion fans , people generally in Brighton & Hove and even those within the club are feeling. Yes 14 or 15 years a group of men totally ignored what the football club was about and tried (allegedly) to asset strip the club, for their own long term gain.
We have a super stadium we are top of the ENTIRE football league, we are in fact the 21st best team in England. We also now have probably the best manager / chariman combination we have ever had.

Never forgive don't forget, but blimey don't keep going on about them, they might be reading this and wallowing in the fact they still get under some people's skin.

Brighton & Hove Albion in 2011 I would say is a completley different entity to Brighton & Hove Albion of 1996/7. Enjoy the current Albion.

You are right and you are wrong we should never forget but we should move on this is our time and thankfully those par cites are not part of it.

Prodigal Son

Getting older by the day
Sep 21, 2009
Sussex
On a sinking ship in the middle of the Atlantic; "Sorry Gentlemen, there are no more life jackets" I hope you have some warm clothing and can swim".

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Hello Mr Archer,Stanley and Bellotti,thank you for what you've done for this club...because of the silly misunderstanding we now have a brand new spanking stadium,a brilliant Tony Bloom and a wonderful manager in Gus Poyet Oh I understand that some nasty fans thought you were trying to kill the club for profit...as if! Anyway alls well that ends well....now go and rot in HELL!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here