Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] The police.. and not the one with Sting in it

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A few incident obviously occur or insurance companies wouldn't toute for it, I reckon.

Please help me understand the whataboutery meaning you used the other day, does this not qualify or is it okay?

Honestly some of these newly made up phrases are difficult for me to fully understand.
No, it doesn’t qualify.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Annoyingly I can't find the LBC clip now

It was along the lines of pretty much what I said, we don't want another George Floyd,

He seems unhelpful in calming things down in general

This morning, the teenager's controversial solicitor Akhmed Yakoob described the incident as an 'attempted assassination, the joint enterprise assassination of the young boys by the police officers'.

Speaking to LBC radio , Mr Yakoob added: 'That is concerning because if police officers who are meant to protect us are going around trying to kill people. I mean, how are the public going to feel safe?'

Questioned by presenter Nick Ferrari over his use of the word 'assassination', Mr Yakoob said: 'Kill, yeah. They were threatened to kill, one of the boys were threatened to get killed by a police officer.'

Unhelpful language, which is only going to stir things up further.

If one of the officers threatened to kill one of the suspects, then it might be unhelpful for public/police relations for the lawyer to say so publicly, but his job is to get maximum leverage for his client, not manage PR for the Police. If the video of a copper kicking and stamping someone's face hasn't caused a riot, I doubt the lawyer revealing threatening language will kick things off.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018

Well, they deserve a long time in jail as well

Absolute scum bags (as well as the policeman, although that view seems to flow more, rather than a random kick)

Were the two brothers bailed or released without charge? I’m sure I saw it was the former?

Still doesn’t justify the stamp as there was a gap in proceedings where it was calmed down, the guy in blue was face down and restrained, but the scene holistically is different to what has been published by the media previously.

Awaiting the statement from the human rights lawyer

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Were the two brothers bailed or released without charge? I’m sure I saw it was the former?

Still doesn’t justify the stamp as there was a gap in proceedings where it was calmed down, the guy in blue was face down and restrained, but the scene holistically is different to what has been published by the media previously.

Awaiting the statement from the human rights lawyer

I'm less sure on the stamp now, the video that was originally leaked showed like it was out the blue, this shows it was at the end of the fight.

I certainly don't think it looks as bad in context as it did.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

Well, they deserve a long time in jail as well

Absolute scum bags (as well as the policeman, although that view seems to flow more, rather than a random kick)

I'm assuming that apart from this situation that the video shows, the police were in the process of arresting one of the "boys" for 'something' that has happened prior to this with chap who 'allegedly' crashed his trolley into those lovely boys mother.

I can't imagine that three officers were going to arrest him just because he politely expressed his disapproval of a trolley being allegedly 'crashed' into his mother.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I see from the video that the Police officer who eventually kicked one of the "boys", had been brutally assaulted by BOTH of the brothers in the preceeding 10 seconds.

I counted at least 9 vicious, full blooded punches to the officers head in this period.

This doesn't include any of the punches thrown at the two female officers.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I’ve worked in places whereby we would often be attacked and violence can break out unmanaged in seconds. To see your colleagues and friends be attacked, beaten and hurt is a horrible feeling.

Those seconds are a blur and you have to do whatever possible to attempt to control the situation in the most restrictive manner. I’ve never had to, thankfully need to kick a person in the face and whilst from the outside it does look horrible, it appears from the footage there was a time when the police were on the back foot and you have to whatever possible to maintain control of the situation.

I’m fully on the Police side, and the only people I have ill feeling towards are the scum bags who attacked them.

It’s easy to comment hatred towards the police officer, but those who have no experience of the kind of environment they work in, will never understand what’s it like.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I’ve worked in places whereby we would often be attacked and violence can break out unmanaged in seconds. To see your colleagues and friends be attacked, beaten and hurt is a horrible feeling.

Those seconds are a blur and you have to do whatever possible to attempt to control the situation in the most restrictive manner. I’ve never had to, thankfully need to kick a person in the face and whilst from the outside it does look horrible, it appears from the footage there was a time when the police were on the back foot and you have to whatever possible to maintain control of the situation.

I’m fully on the Police side, and the only people I have ill feeling towards are the scum bags who attacked them.

It’s easy to comment hatred towards the police officer, but those who have no experience of the kind of environment they work in, will never understand what’s it like.
And if these horrible ****s are genuinely at home suffering, even better, it won’t be long until that slippery lawyer will crawl out from under his rock mouthing off.

ChickenBaltiPie

Jan 3, 2014
I do not think that paints the copper in a better light at all, if anything I think it makes him look even worse. Upon closely viewing it a few times: 1. The copper throws the first punch and 2. He has no idea the female officers had been struck.

He lashed out, kicking him in the head because ‘he’ had been punched (by both blokes.) He was in no way defending or inflicting retribution out of any concern for the females. He isn’t even aware at the point he kicks him of their assault/injury. He doesn’t seem to show any concern for the women at all tbh, he’s too preoccupied with the bloke that initially got the better of him, and inflicting retribution with his tazer…once the bloke has clearly thought better of it, stepped back and relented that is.

Last edited:

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I do not think that paints the copper in a better light at all, if anything I think it makes him look even worse. Upon closely viewing it a few times: 1. The copper throws the first punch and 2. He has no idea the female offers had been struck. He lashed out, kicking him in the head because ‘he’ had been punched (by both blokes.) He was in no way defending or inflicting retribution out of any concern for the females. He isn’t even aware at the point he kicks him of their assault/injury.
Idiot.

Have you ever had that many heavy blows to your head in a matter of seconds.....?

Anyone...and I mean anyone, would be unable to act in an entirely rational matter after that. His brain and thoughts must have been all over the place. He did brilliantly well to eventually retrieve the situation.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
For me, that video firstly shows the police handle the original arrest v badly - going up close to the two blokes from behind and without realising that they were both proficient in hand to hand fighting and they (the police) got their arses kicked. And in reaction in some ways those two "boys" were lucky- because in how many other countries would those two have been shot dead? I thought armed police firstly announce their presence as "armed police" not creep up behind

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I do not think that paints the copper in a better light at all, if anything I think it makes him look even worse. Upon closely viewing it a few times: 1. The copper throws the first punch and 2. He has no idea the female offers had been struck. He lashed out, kicking him in the head because ‘he’ had been punched (by both blokes.) He was in no way defending or inflicting retribution out of any concern for the females. He isn’t even aware at the point he kicks him of their assault/injury.
I think he's trying to detain the first guy in the blue, and twists down, he's then sucker punched by the second one in the gray.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Idiot.

Have you ever had that many heavy blows to your head in a matter of seconds.....?

Anyone...and I mean anyone, would be unable to act in an entirely rational matter after that. His brain and thoughts must have been all over the place. He did brilliantly well to eventually retrieve the situation.
If these mugs can’t behave themselves in public and resist arrest and become violent to the Police more fool them! Its really easy, if you don’t want to get beaten up by the feds then comply, i know many find the act of complicit behaviour difficult

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
It appears that the trial by NSC has concluded.

It is possible a Judge in a Court of Law or Private Prosecution or Head of Internal Police Investigation / Complaints Procedures may have further questions.
The trial hasn’t started yet, the evidence has been presented and some folk are backing the plod, sorry if that offends you x

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here