Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 'Please start Leon in the next game' thread

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Yes. Although I don't see what diffrence a thread on NSC will make to Mark McGhee ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How do you sign on here then? But I would if I could.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
At Home he should yes. I still think McGhee had the taktics right at Millwall the players just didn't perform.

We did hit the bar and miss a peno. Both goals that Millwall scored would have undone most sides in this division although the second was in some way down to Harding.

Either way, nothing to do with Knight starting.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
no, sell him, he's not good enough for this level of football.

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Start him as goalie. Or kit man.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Lammy said:
Both goals that Millwall scored would have undone most sides in this division although the second was in some way down to Harding.

You mean both were down to Harding.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
80's Seagull said:
You mean both were down to Harding.

Harding WAS involved with both goals YES. However, I think it is harsh to point the finger at him for being totally responsible.

That through ball for the first goal was a peach and would have sliced open most defences in this division. Whilst Harding was soundly beated for the second goal it was still a vert special individual effort to actuall make the goal after that.

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
Lammy said:
At Home he should yes. I still think McGhee had the taktics right at Millwall the players just didn't perform.

Predictably, I disagree - Claridge and Virgo just don't seem to work together - we were as toothless as we were at West Ham, only Millwall's strikers were less wasteful than Harewood et al.

I think McGhee fully intends to start him at home anyway, I just hope he'll get an away start after the past two, when he has come on and almost changed the game.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Repugnant Toad said:
Predictably, I disagree - Claridge and Virgo just don't seem to work together - we were as toothless as we were at West Ham, only Millwall's strikers were less wasteful than Harewood et al.

I think McGhee fully intends to start him at home anyway, I just hope he'll get an away start after the past two, when he has come on and almost changed the game.

Knight and Claridge are an exciting partnership to look forward to on Friday. I just hope an pray that Knight gives it the full 90 minutes rather than 60mins of guts and determination and 30mins of sulking and rubbing his head/face/leg

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here