Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Player's attitude Monday: Was it industrial action?

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
The Player's attitude Sunday; Was it industrial action?

All this chat about boardroom split; no budget for next year; no deals with out of contract players, could it be that the pathetic, insulting display by the team and management was coordinated to show the board their discontent with not knowing their personal futures?

Clutching at straws, I know but I still feel so angry that 5500 paying customers were treated with such contempt that I'm looking for anything that might explain it.

Last edited:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
oooh...you 70's throwback

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

good theory though:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Conciously no, but unconsciously all the factors you list must take their toll.

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
:wave::wave: :wave: :wave:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Relegated and no news on your future would explain a lack of enthusiasm from quite a few players.

Vlad the Impala

Jul 16, 2004
seagullion said:
i wish stoke had :down:

We might have managed a draw if they had.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Icy Gull said:
Relegated and no news on your future would explain a lack of enthusiasm from quite a few players.

Looking at it another way, they know contact discussions would take place when the season ends so shouldnt they be trying to impress, after all who works harder at work just before pay review time.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
gazwag said:
Looking at it another way, they know contact discussions would take place when the season ends so shouldnt they be trying to impress, after all who works harder at work just before pay review time.

Exactly, there are a couple of players who didn't help their chances of a new contract after thier performance on sun

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
or maybe they just dont want to perform for mr mcghee anymore, and figure the best way of getting him out is through performances that should force the board to remove him

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Scotty M said:
or maybe they just dont want to perform for mr mcghee anymore, and figure the best way of getting him out is through performances that should force the board to remove him

If Magoo has lost the dressing room (IF) then that would be the best way of registering your disapproval, shortsighted because they are playing for their futures but then the players are just human beings.

And I know that if people arnt happy with their boss then they do what they can to undermine them. Eg Mr Leon Knight.

Last edited:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
gazwag said:

Agreed, I'm not suggesting it was the right thing to do, but I do understand how demotivating it must be when the club seems to be a shambles. Blame McGhee if you like, I'm starting to think it runs deeper than that.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
And I know that if people arnt happy with their boss then they do what they can to undermine them. Eg Mr Leon Knight.

Using that twat in your argument only weakens it. Bet he falls out with himself if he's in a room alone.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here