Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The players and Palace Rivalry

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
How do you think the players will take to the long standing rivalry between us and them when they get on that pitch (both here and at Selhurst) ?

Of course it's been a while and it will be well and truly rekindled amongst a fair amount of fans, but will it be a "meatier" game for our players resulting in a lot of blood shed on the pitch (especially with Muzz defecting) and cards galore ?

Or will it be just another game that we will (try and) win using our spectacular grace organised by our "God Like" Gus.

I'm hoping that the players will respond to the occasion with the fans' atmosphere transferring on to the pitch resulting in a comprehensive, long awaited beating then announcing a Jack Nicholson'esque menacing "We're Back" !!!

8 weeks to go.... Cant bloody wait !!!!!!!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would think that they will adress it as just another game witrh 3 points at stake that they want to win . In fact the vast majority that post on here I would think have never seen us play each other regularly. My days of rivalry go back long before Palace when Portsmouth were our main rivals.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
When they hear the abuse Murray gets they will not look at it as just another game, I daresay some of them will be shocked.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
you could say this about any clubs these days, when you look at the international and lack of locals make up of teams.

Players always seem to get caught up in the atmosphere though. Should be fun :)

West Upper Seagull

Oct 31, 2003
Woodingdean
I'm sure our local boys - El-Abd and Elphick - will be sharing the meaning of this game with the rest of the lads

:smile:

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
With someone like Charlie Oatway in the dressing room i'm sure the players will be made aware of the rivalry and he will get them suitably pumped up!

Ha ! I'm sure you can always rely on Oatway to get them in the mood and make sure they pull no punches. Can see him now hurling abuse at the Palace technical area..

dolphin123

May 12, 2009
I was surprised at the passion and commitment shown by our players at the 2005 0-1 (McShane) game. They knew how much it meant to the fans and were well up for it.

Never forget the end of that game when the players came over to the fans.

Easy Easy :clap:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade
The players probably don't care anywhere near as much as the fans do, but the crowd make a big difference, so I see this game being rougher than most.

Eastbourne

Jun 4, 2011
The players will know how much it means to both sets of fans. I'd be surprised if Palace aren't up for it given that Freedman is their manager, but we'll be there in numbers to hopefully make the difference!

Can't wait for both games :clap:

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
With someone like Charlie Oatway in the dressing room i'm sure the players will be made aware of the rivalry and he will get them suitably pumped up!

Spot on. A motivational coach that understands all concepts of the club - in particularly the concept of the fans' point of view - and delivers it into the dressing room and training sessions alike.

He's a fantastic asset IMHO, and him as well as El-Abd and Elphick, will be more than happy to educate the squad into why they're the scum of the earth...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here