Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The pitch

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
Considering the rain we had yesterday, how did the pitch perform? Was it cutting up?

BrickTamland

Mar 2, 2010
Brighton
It looked superb. I didn't notice any players slipping up or anything and that was after a considerable amount of rain prior to kick off.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The pitch looked great.

The artifical stuff on the touchlines looked like it needed a good cleanup... it seemed to have loads of black stuff coming up though it... looked pretty scruffy from WSU.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The pitch looked great.

The artifical stuff on the touchlines looked like it needed a good cleanup... it seemed to have loads of black stuff coming up though it... looked pretty scruffy from WSU.

Think that might be the 3G stuff that kicks up when people go on it.

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011
Like a snooker table, credit to all the staff. Considering the amount of rain we had it didnt cut up at all. Roll on 6/8

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Going on what they had to work with at Withdean, bad sub structure, poor drainare etc, they worked wonders there.
Now have built the pitch from scratch using new techniques and latest technologies and better equipment at the Amex we really are going to a a very high quality playing surface.
The Albion ground staff are really un sung heroes and believe we will have one of the best pitches in the championship.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Think that might be the 3G stuff that kicks up when people go on it.

I believe thats a "look real" aspect of it. When used heavily the black shows through as it was mud.
Thats what i was told on a tour when we asked about it

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

Franciscowhite

Oct 13, 2011
is it natural grass or artificial grass if its artificial grass how can we cut it i dont think so we can cut them it will remain the same but u tell me about the pitch??? Nowadays i never heard about some natural grass pitch...........

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
is it natural grass or artificial grass if its artificial grass how can we cut it i dont think so we can cut them it will remain the same but u tell me about the pitch??? Nowadays i never heard about some natural grass pitch...........

i think its a bit of both but im not overly sure its one of these new age pitches

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here