The pitch invasion handwringers

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Thoughts on today? Did we ruin it completely for you again? :rolleyes:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
fans behaved impeccably and the stewards used common sense. As soon as they were asked to leave the field so Gus and the lads could come out they did so.

very different to Tuesday primarily because of the approach of Walsall FC

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
I think Walsall should be congratulated for the way they handle things today and seemed to make us very welcome....

Barry M

Jan 21, 2011
Brilliant from all the fans today, behaviour was spot on and everyone was a credit to the club.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Richard Hebbard take note! That's the way to do it, don't f*** up in the final home game.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Apart from a fan I watched properly KICK a steward who was holding back his mate. What a grade A cock.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Was brilliant and yes I did - fantastic

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Very simple pitch invasion on tue WAS a 100% right, pitch invasion today WAS a 100% right. Any pitch invasion from now on will look a tad silly!

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Being an old bastard I do cringe a bit on the pitch invasions. I'll tell you why in a mo. But I remember doing many a pitch invasion myself a few decades ago, and it was almost obligatory to do it. But with the tight rules laid down via FIFA, UEFA and the FA it does worry me nowadays that we'll get hammered somewhere along the line by the authorites. I personally wouldn't get into pitch invasions nowadays and I have nothing against those that do it. I just worry, as I said above. Long live pitch invasions so long as we don't get spanked by the authorities!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Thoughts on today? Did we ruin it completely for you again? :rolleyes:

I thought the Walsall announcer handled it well.

Surprised you were on the pitch Tuesday, as the winning goal was scored by Ashley 'Couldn't score in a brothel' Barnes. Must have ruined the evening for you given your previous comments about him.

Jameson

Walsall were brilliant, I was quite taken by their approach and reaction. I have to say I was a bit worried when there was one female steward facing an awful lot of fans lining up to the left of the goal who clearly were only going to go in one direction. She did make some half hearted attempts to stop them but everyone glided by her and all the other stewards I could see. The stewards near us in the ground were not of the Neanderthal variety you do sometimes see and were friendly. Quite a few of us were cheerful after a few ales and watching drunken fans lurching around looking for their seats was quite funny. I thought it was incredibly grown up and sensible when they made the announcement, everyone heard it, everyone immediately cleared the pitch and everyone went home happy and in one piece.:clap2:

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I thought the Walsall announcer handled it well.

Surprised you were on the pitch Tuesday, as the winning goal was scored by Ashley 'Couldn't score in a brothel' Barnes. Must have ruined the evening for you given your previous comments about him.

Perhaps if he had carried that goalscoring form onto today, thankfully he was the same as ever, going down like a sack of potatoes, not challenging for balls/being too lightweight to ever challenge for the ball and offering zero in front of goal, I don't know why we got rid of Dickinson just to get in someone that is just as bad?

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Perhaps if he had carried that goalscoring form onto today, thankfully he was the same as ever, going down like a sack of potatoes, not challenging for balls/being too lightweight to ever challenge for the ball and offering zero in front of goal, I don't know why we got rid of Dickinson just to get in someone that is just as bad?

Fishing surely??

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Didn't go on myself as with mrs not the boys. Everyone was impeccably behaved tho and looked amazing from where I was stood clapping and chatting to the old guy next to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here