Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pitch....A Worry!

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
I reckon it's all they're all wearing MOULDIES.

Funny how times change - when I was at school wearing mouldies would automatically single you out for dog's abuse and/or a severe kicking, but these days, they're at the cutting edge of modern football.

File under anything with the name 'Gola' on it...

Worthai Seagull

Wenners
May 11, 2009
Worthing/ Hua Hin,Thailand
Getting concerned though about the number of injuries being conceded on our pitch. I am wondering if the high tech surface is restricting natural movement and contributing to the number of incidents.

Any thoughts on the matter people.

What nonsense ...it is a fantastic playing surface . If your worried or concerned about this....god above !!

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Yeah! Burnt me f*cking tongue on a Steak and Ale pie during the 2nd half of Sunderland. Not to self - leave it on the floor for 15 minutes.

You cannot put any thing on the floor unless you want it covered in an inch of concrete dust

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I do think we tend to over water the pitch. I know that we want it a bit moist for our passing game but we do seem to go well OTT before games and it has resulted in player slippage at slightly annoying times.

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Pitch is the state of the art solution which incorporates elastic fibres and is supposed to reduce the incidence of injury to players.

One thing I do think is that a large volume of water is applied, often shortly before kick off. It makes me wonder when I see our players falling over and slipping quite regularly.

Seagulljohn

Jul 21, 2011
Now its easy to blame the groundstaff for over watering the pitch, but was it not raining all day before the game ???

Maybe god over watered it ???

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Didn't KLL have plenty of hamstring injuries last year? Tano has had to retire due to hamstring injuries so I don't think they are the best player to use the pitch as an excuse.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here