Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pitch....A Worry!

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Getting concerned though about the number of injuries being conceded on our pitch. I am wondering if the high tech surface is restricting natural movement and contributing to the number of incidents.

Any thoughts on the matter people.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
A crunching, over the top challenge by Dunk on Sharp.
Hayter for injuring his foot on Calderon's face.
Greer with a tweaked calf.
Vincelot dislocating his elbow landing awkwardly.

Could you explain how those are the fault of the pitch?:facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm not convinced it's the pitch myself, I suspect the plethora of injuries may have been caused by localised atmospheric conditions resulting in the air becoming thinner, and players falling over as a result due to lack of resistance. It's linked to the moisture rising off Falmer Pond combining with a hot air front coming in from Lewes town centre and creating a small anticyclonic zone.

It's the only realistic explanation for Sharp doing his ankle, Greer suffering a calf pull, Vincelot a dislocated shoulder from landing awkwardly and a bloke in the East Stand sustaining a burnt tongue from an unexpectedly hot half-time pie.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
^^^^^^^
Very funny. Like that a lot, I can't see how a perfect playing surface can cause injury myself though.....

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Getting concerned though about the number of injuries being conceded on our pitch. I am wondering if the high tech surface is restricting natural movement and contributing to the number of incidents.

Any thoughts on the matter people.

As above, a complete non issue.

only problem with the pitch, id like some flare lawnmower techniques, maybe a seagull in the center circle. (joking by the way)

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
A crunching, over the top challenge by Dunk on Sharp.
Hayter for injuring his foot on Calderon's face.
Greer with a tweaked calf.
Vincelot dislocating his elbow landing awkwardly.

Could you explain how those are the fault of the pitch?:facepalm:

The other injury was Lua Lua's hamstring - another that you cannot blame on the pitch

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
I'm not convinced it's the pitch myself, I suspect the plethora of injuries may have been caused by localised atmospheric conditions resulting in the air becoming thinner, and players falling over as a result due to lack of resistance. It's linked to the moisture rising off Falmer Pond combining with a hot air front coming in from Lewes town centre and creating a small anticyclonic zone.

It's the only realistic explanation for Sharp doing his ankle, Greer suffering a calf pull, Vincelot a dislocated shoulder from landing awkwardly and a bloke in the East Stand sustaining a burnt tongue from an unexpectedly hot half-time pie.

Ah, the simple resolution of this problem would be to concrete over the pond. Maybe then we could put another car park in and ease the pressure on Bennett's Fields. 2 problems solved and not a duck in sight (anymore).

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
As an aside, does anyone else feel a bit concerned about how many times players seem to fall over. I'm wondering if its something to do with the pitch make-up, seems to happen a lot more than at Withers.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
On a related note, I did think the pitch did start to cut up a little last night. Not a major worry yet, bit come winter?

Sent from my inbred hatred of all things South London .....HD

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield

That's actually a more plausible explanation then the OP's ridiculous theory

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I suggest the players check they use the right boots, must admit CMS fell over a couple of times last night.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I suggest the players check they use the right boots, must admit CMS fell over a couple of times last night.

They do water the surface a lot before kick off as Poyet likes a zippy surface to assist our silky passing. But it is getting annoying that some of our players appear to be wearing slippers on it.

What happened to STUDS?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here