Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pipettes

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
pipettes.jpg

I've just downloaded a few tracks from their album, anyone heard of them? They're from Brighton and they're bloody good.

Last edited:

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Basil Fawlty said:
My mate got me into them earlier.

My mate has shagged one of them :love:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
They're album is a really good album. Laden with lots of Phil Spector and echoes of Mary Wilson and the Wilsations.

Very very good band and well worth seeing live.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
The blonde one in the middle is called Gwenno Saunders. She was actually with our label originally. If you want you can buy a DVD of her singing in Cornish, click here and select the 'Buy from CCNow' button for the third item down - 'Celtic Legend - Tristan and Isolde DVD' Sorry, she doesn't get her tits out or anything, it's just film of her looking moody on a beach and in woods etc. Plus a lot of her talking about how much she loves singing in Cornish and Welsh.

Feel free to buy anything else!

Last edited:

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
they're all welsh, signed to brighton label memphis industries, thus the brighton link.

I know the guy who looks after them and they've sold nearly 40,000 albums which ain't bad for a band that has only had 1 top 40 record, radio 1 don't touch them so they're like an underground pop act.

they have sold out the round house in chalk farm for a christmas gig and there is secret talk of an impromptu christmas single.

the brunette who plays the keyboard is the best looking one, she was winking at me at bestival - either that or she had a mosquito in her eye

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here