Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In...

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
The reason why I had to cut 'Max' from Brighton short was because he started going on about the state pension and the next step on from there is slating Tony Blair and co which is not what the phone-in is about, I have a set re-mit which says I have to steer callers clear of making political statements that could be viewed as biased.
Re the West Pier he had his say and I made my feelings clear, although not a direct Albion topic it certainly is linked for debate over funding issues etc.
As for Max he says he cannot afford to watch the Albion on a state pension, well Hawesy is going to trace him and I am going to invite him to come to the Albion as our guest for a game in the New Year.
I have apologised for swearing on here, but my initial views have not changed and I'm more than happy to field calls from people with an alternatice view.
That's what the phone-in is all about.
Merry Xmas.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Good stuff Harty, I find the phone in great entertainment and essential listening when i cannot get to a game. keep up the good work :clap:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Blue&WhiteSea said:
Pensioners who just live on a state pension are just lazy bastards who could not be bothered to save properly for retirement when they were able to!

You haven't a clue what you are talking about. :angry:

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Blue&WhiteSea said:
Pensioners who just live on a state pension are just lazy bastards who could not be bothered to save properly for retirement when they were able to!

:nono: Sorry, dont agree with that :nono:

Harty said:
Lord Bracknell its called 'playing the game'.
I'd think about asking you to try playing it but you've been doing it for years already!!!!!!
I even tried joining in on Saturday, but nobody answered the call.

Not, I hasten to add, to let you have my views on the West Pier (re-build it, if you really want to know), but to defend Ben Roberts.

Mind you, I'd have only been playing games.

:)

Whatever, have a happy Christmas, Harty.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lord B sorry Colon didn't answer your call he was probably too busy checking through the text messages to make sure he didn't get caught out on air again!!!!
Anyone owning up to the 'Charlie' text?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trotster said:
what was the charlie text??

"Need a toot right now. Can you deliver right away?" ?

Never mind charlie. I'm more intrigued by the poor sod called Colon - does he work in the bowels of the building? :)

Nov 3, 2003
Harty "As for Max he says he cannot afford to watch the Albion on a state pension, well Hawesy is going to trace him and I am going to invite him to come to the Albion as our guest for a game in the New Year."

:clap: thats very sporting Harty and i thought it worthy of a :clap:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Thanks FG

As for the Charlie text, some bright spark sent Colon the following; What we need in the dressing room is Charlie, that will really give us all a lift at half time.
Needless to say he read it out verbatim, and he a college lecturer!!!
To quote President Blair " Education, education, education."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here