Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In...

Why does Harty set up these ridiculous arguments?

The £44 million for the West Pier is coming from the National Lottery heritage fund. If it doesn't get spent in Brighton, they'll spend it on restoring some other piece of national heritage somewhere else. Not on a modern football stadium.

The old timer was equally wrong. Council tax payers won't be funding the West Pier or the Falmer stadium. But they will benefit from the increased revenue that both projects will bring into the City.

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Lord B as someone who ran, or whose good lady ran, a fanzine I'm surprised you even have to ask, to get a few people going!!!
But aside from stoking it up, I stand by what I think, £30 million on the West Pier is nothing short of a f***ing joke, if there is that sort of money knocking about I'm going to suggest on air and in print, catch the Xmas Eve Argus, that the Albion get a crack at some of the money even if they haven't got a cat in hells chance of getting near it.
Lord Bracknell its called 'playing the game'.
I'd think about asking you to try playing it but you've been doing it for years already!!!!!!

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Steady on Harty !

I reckon we have more chance of FG sticking his hand in his pocket than getting much lottery cash for Falmer.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Bloody 'ell, Harty! Methinks you've been on the sauce all night, posting at one in the morning is not a good idea. :drink:

Harty

Jul 7, 2003
Sussex
Apologies, twas the HD Tribe Xmas party and us undertakers like to enjoy ourselves.
I shouldn't have used the 'f' word and for that I'm very sorry, but it is my remit to get debate on the phone-in going and that is what I will continue to do in 2004.
Merry Xmas to all the SCR listeners on NSC and thank you for your continued support.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure it was a balm-y evening, Harty.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Harty said:
Lord Bracknell its called 'playing the game'.
I'd think about asking you to try playing it but you've been doing it for years already!!!!!!

:lolol: :clap:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I don't mind Harty trying to create a debate but I did get cross at the way he dealt with the old boy from Brighton by saying he was being political. Calling for money from any public body is surely a political statement. Also the old boy was right when he said Pensioners who just live on the state pension cannot afford tickets to watch the Albion and many of them would very angry if the council gave more money to the Albion seeing as how the council has already given the land (I think on a long term lease) to Albion.
So instead of Harty whining on about councils or public bodies not doing enough for the new stadium, if he checked the facts he would see that the land from the council shows a good deal of support. And are not the club going to get money from the sports council or sport england as part of the overall funding for the stadium?
It seems that it is getting difficult to fill a 50 minute phone in soley related to the Albion but I am not sure that Harty's attempts to create controversy are helping. It just puts people off.
Sorry Harty

MRRF 10

Gaffer said:
I don't mind Harty trying to create a debate but I did get cross at the way he dealt with the old boy from Brighton by saying he was being political. Calling for money from any public body is surely a political statement. Also the old boy was right when he said Pensioners who just live on the state pension cannot afford tickets to watch the Albion and many of them would very angry if the council gave more money to the Albion seeing as how the council has already given the land (I think on a long term lease) to Albion.
So instead of Harty whining on about councils or public bodies not doing enough for the new stadium, if he checked the facts he would see that the land from the council shows a good deal of support. And are not the club going to get money from the sports council or sport england as part of the overall funding for the stadium?
It seems that it is getting difficult to fill a 50 minute phone in soley related to the Albion but I am not sure that Harty's attempts to create controversy are helping. It just puts people off.
Sorry Harty

Totally agree, good post!!! :clap2: :clap: :clap2:

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Pensioners who just live on a state pension are just lazy bastards who could not be bothered to save properly for retirement when they were able to!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here