Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Thread...

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
McGhee sounds as if he doesn't give a toss. Where's the passion and commitment and anger??

:angry: :angry:

Last edited:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shane-0's kicking is good? So is Jonny Wilkinson's when he's fit. Is he going in goal next week?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Safeway said:
Tad harsh. There are plenty of 'die-hards' that weren't around in the bad old days through no fault of their own - age, location etc. The fact they maybe didn't get to The Goldstone makes them no less of a fan than people who did.

It's that sort of attitude that has created this 'them and us' situation between Albion fans over the last few years.

That said, 1066 is still an utter COCK so any abuse directed at him is entirely justified. :)

Yep you're quite right, its the fact he calls himself a "die hard" fan for two years having never attended a game before the Palace home game, that sets him apart from the other fans that I may have generalise him with

1066gull

Harty: Do you agree with what Magoo said?

:lolol:

Last edited:

brighton2win

Aug 21, 2005
seeing as henderson was on the bench for villa today he probably needed to know that he had a back keeper if he gets no-one in jan, might aswell do it at a game you know damn well youre not going to win

1066gull

garry nelsons left foot said:
New Centre forward, left back, midfield player, centre half.

All wanted by McGhee/Magoo.

I think Lynch is a promising LB. Hope he plays, at least as a sub against Coventry.

Zebedee said:
McGhee sounds as if he doesn't give a toss. Where's the passion and commitment and anger??

:angry: :angry:

Why should he be angry? A narrow defeat for a side ravaged with injury and suspensions, against a team packed with Premiership experience.

If they'd played without the attributes you mention then fair enough, but it sounds like the team gave their all and just couldn't hold on long enough.

As frustrating as it is slipping back into the bottom three, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit the limited resources we have are going to cost us games.

Muhammad - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Safeway said:
Why should he be angry? A narrow defeat for a side ravaged with injury and suspensions, against a team packed with Premiership experience.

If they'd played without the attributes you mention then fair enough, but it sounds like the team gave their all and just couldn't hold on long enough.

As frustrating as it is slipping back into the bottom three, sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit the limited resources we have are going to cost us games.
:clap:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Why exactly do we have to listen to Crawley/Woking/Aldershot news?

They have their own sodding frequency as well we know, being as it's the feed broadcast online. So could they not have their own phone in?

I have NEVER met a Woking fan, or an Aldershot fan. And I only know a handful of part-time Crawley fans because I work at Gatwick. Exactly who gives a flying f*** about their results? Particularly when I don't hear anything of Eastbourne Borough or Lewes very often.

Is it worth writing to SCR and pointing out that we don't want all this air time wasted on discussing matters we, the listeners, have no interest in?

It just winds me up.

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Bluejuice said:
Why exactly do we have to listen to Crawley/Woking/Aldershot news?

They have their own sodding frequency as well we know, being as it's the feed broadcast online. So could they not have their own phone in?

I have NEVER met a Woking fan, or an Aldershot fan. And I only know a handful of part-time Crawley fans because I work at Gatwick. Exactly who gives a flying f*** about their results? Particularly when I don't hear anything of Eastbourne Borough or Lewes very often.

Is it worth writing to SCR and pointing out that we don't want all this air time wasted on discussing matters we, the listeners, have no interest in?

It just winds me up.

spot on bj

winds me up an all

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here