Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Saga !!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I thought mike ward was brought in to do it, and comedy steve was just a back up for when ward was busy.

I'd be more concerned about Ward having reynolds added to the what was his (ward's) show

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
What are / were the listening figures for the phone in, i got the impression it was no more than a few hundred?

Out of the 5-6k crowd, a very small percentage.

I personally don’t know anyone that that I see at a game who listens it,

The vast majority of supporters would not know it had gone if it went.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What are / were the listening figures for the phone in, i got the impression it was no more than a few hundred?

Out of the 5-6k crowd, a very small percentage.

I personally don’t know anyone that that I see at a game who listens it,

The vast majority of supporters would not know it had gone if it went.

When I go to games I listen to the radio, and then leave it on and listen to the phone in as I go home.

Though, I probably wouldn't miss it, I would simply switch to my mp3 player instead.

ted hitchcock

Sep 7, 2009
Since when has he been Richie Reynolds?? Shortening his name is not suddenly going to make him a good DJ!

I listened all the way home and thought it was good. If you listen to Reynolds speaking he calls himself "Richard Reynolds" - I think maybe Johnny Cantor is just be overlly familiar with shortening his name - perhaps he has a crush on him :love:?

There was a previous thread running on this over the weekend - this is what I wrote:-

They had about a dozen callers on and read out loads of texts in an hour - what else is a fan's phone-in supposed to do?? They also played a good 5 mins of a Slade interview

It seems to me that the make up of the phone-in team is something like:-
Reynolds/Grant - host and joins stuff together i.e. gets the callers on, gets to the travel, the classified results, the interviews, the texts etc. No agenda
Johnny Byrne/Norman G - ex-pro's opinion on stuff. Good insights.
Mike Ward - fan's point of view. HOWEVER, whether he manages this or not is debatable??

All the Harty Lovers will just have to accept that he's gone and is never coming back. I believe he decided to leave. Times move on. It's like saying "we liked it when Bobby Zamora played, can't we have him back??" it aint happening (at the mo.!!)

I thought it was good on Saturday and I urge people to keep phoning in (it was great to hear from people all over the ground who were nearer the contentious decisions than me) to make it interesting.

Give 'em a break.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
The phone-in is the main reason why I don't listen to BBC local radio on a Saturday evening. Much as I want to hear an interview with the manager and/or key players from the afternoon's game to get there I have to listen to an endless stream of the same crap week in, week out. If we won then it's call after call praising the manager and team (and you can guarantee that one will say the current manager is the best we've had for years). If we lost then it's a disgrace and he should be sacked. It always seems that a majority of these callers are basing their opinions on what they've heard of the afternoon's commentary as only a few who've actually seen the game first hand are on.

If I recall correctly, in the day's before the phone-in we got a few key reports from the main games around the country interspersed with more local match results and interviews. Now it's lazy radio - we can't be bothered to get the content to put out, so we'll just get the listeners to do it by calling in. It's crap and it's why I listen to 5live instead.

Oscar

Nov 10, 2003
With technology such that you can download post-match reactions or read them on certain sites so quickly, I really don't feel the urge to sit though the phone in any more. I feel sorry for all the guys who run it as they all do a great job but the quality of callers is so bad.

It's got to the point where the presenters happily address callers by their stupid "call signs" so as not to discourage the few they get. They might be better off having a 20min panel discussion on the game between the commentator and people like John Byrne, Norman Gall, guest fans ect than having callers.

Mar 10, 2006
The phone-in is the main reason why I don't listen to BBC local radio on a Saturday evening. Much as I want to hear an interview with the manager and/or key players from the afternoon's game to get there I have to listen to an endless stream of the same crap week in, week out. If we won then it's call after call praising the manager and team (and you can guarantee that one will say the current manager is the best we've had for years). If we lost then it's a disgrace and he should be sacked. It always seems that a majority of these callers are basing their opinions on what they've heard of the afternoon's commentary as only a few who've actually seen the game first hand are on.

If I recall correctly, in the day's before the phone-in we got a few key reports from the main games around the country interspersed with more local match results and interviews. Now it's lazy radio - we can't be bothered to get the content to put out, so we'll just get the listeners to do it by calling in. It's crap and it's why I listen to 5live instead.

What to listen to the phone in:lol::lol:

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Thanks matey.

This is a bit embarrassing actually. I was offered the phone-in tomorrow and got my diary mixed up, didn't think I could do it, but I could. Nuts. I fancied it too. By the time I'd worked that out it had been gone. My mistake. :(

Stephen

Been and Gone :tantrum:

:thumbsup:

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well, I text the phone in every week - "Get Reynolds off the Phone In"

But it never gets read out.

Never mind, I'll keep trying

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here