Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Phone In Saga !!

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

Has Comedy Steve been given the old tin tack? It's the Reynolds and Ward show tomorrow!

Could Harty be persuaded to do just one show a month as a guest presenter Without him I fear for the Phone In.It is an integral part of the match day experience so Phone In tomorrow.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Not to criticise anyone currently involved with the phone-in - I haven't listened to it for months anyway - but the key qualities needed for it are speed of thought, a quick wit and the ability to make incisive points. Harty had the first two of those, CS and Ferret have all three.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
This is just SO funny ! why all the fuss over a post match phone in ?

Face it, we all have differing views on players/tactics/signings etc. and whatever we say Russ is going to pick the team and define the tactics for each game. We can't change or influence him and he and the board will go their merry way win, lose or draw.

Its the modern view that we all have our right to voice an opinion and that we all have a right to be heard as we are all fans. However, we could have a 24 hour rolling radio phone in which would debate forever the minutiae of each performance and it will not matter one jot.

Phone-ins are just a vehicle for ego's.. let it go

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
This is just SO funny ! why all the fuss over a post match phone in ?

Face it, we all have differing views on players/tactics/signings etc. and whatever we say Russ is going to pick the team and define the tactics for each game. We can't change or influence him and he and the board will go their merry way win, lose or draw.

Its the modern view that we all have our right to voice an opinion and that we all have a right to be heard as we are all fans. However, we could have a 24 hour rolling radio phone in which would debate forever the minutiae of each performance and it will not matter one jot.

Phone-ins are just a vehicle for ego's.. let it go

You're right, we should go straight to the non-league roundup, it's thrilling.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
ive heard these phone ins a few times and the moment the caller says well i wasnt at the game but....,i lose interest.How on earth can you have a match related chat with somebody that was not even at the game is beyond me. Its no wonder they are pants.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would appear that the phone in as we know it is going to go and be replaced by a general chat with Richie Reynolds and John Byrne/Mike Ward with possibly more interveiws with players etc. There has been a drop in the numbers of callers recently I would think and as a result changes will be made. The writing was on the wall when they started spending more time on non league clubs and less on our 1 league club in the county.

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Could Harty be persuaded to do just one show a month as a guest presenter Without him I fear for the Phone In.

Lol.

What short memories we have.

The amount of people on here that gave Ian abuse was astonoshing. ( not having a pop at you directly b & b ).

Like politics, you get the goverment you deserve.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I saw Stephen Grant at the Komedia last Friday (who incidentally was brilliant) and told him we wanted him on the phone in as Ward is sooooo boooring! I had a few to drink but I think he told me he wasn't sure when he was next doing it.

It really is a case of you don't know what you've got 'till it's gone. Reynolds brings nothing to the party either. Either make it Comedy Steve or BRING BACK HARTY!

Comedy Steve

We're f'ing brilliant
Oct 20, 2003
BN6
Thanks matey.

This is a bit embarrassing actually. I was offered the phone-in tomorrow and got my diary mixed up, didn't think I could do it, but I could. Nuts. I fancied it too. By the time I'd worked that out it had been gone. My mistake. :(

Stephen

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
haven't really listened to the phone in since Harty left, not because of that reason but it is a strange coincidence...I just don't look forward to it anymore

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
It would appear that the phone in as we know it is going to go and be replaced by a general chat with Richie Reynolds and John Byrne/Mike Ward with possibly more interveiws with players etc. There has been a drop in the numbers of callers recently I would think and as a result changes will be made. The writing was on the wall when they started spending more time on non league clubs and less on our 1 league club in the county.

they can do all this and take calls.

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Since when has he been Richie Reynolds?? Shortening his name is not suddenly going to make him a good DJ!

I second the comment about him interviewing Booker! Classic!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here