Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] "The perfect Christmas gift for any Brighton fan"

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
WINNER!

View attachment 142467

This stunning minimalist print represents BHAFC's club-defining match against Hereford in 1997. By drawing this match, they prevented themselves being relegated out of the football league.

The print represents the timeline of that famous match. The black line represents Herefords goal and the white line represents Brightons goal.

The perfect Christmas gift for any Brighton fan ⚽

Fill your boots, folks! :clap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW52JlBINmQ/

A pedant writes Has anyone told them that Hereford didn't actually score a goal? :facepalm:

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
True, but it is a piece of commercial art (i.e. it was created by the artist to make money) and people are simply expressing their opinions. Also I think we're laughing as much at the 'perfect gift' tag as the piece itself; and if I were being unkind I'd say it was a cynical attempt to exploit the Christmas market.

But yeah, the artist has to make a living the same as the rest of us so if people do want to buy it as the 'perfect gift' rather than some mass-produced Monet print then that's great. We are allowed to 'boo' the work though.

But you really don't need an artist to create that. A five year old with a very basic software package could produce it in no time.

It traumatises me that anybody producing this could claim to be an "artist".

But the contributions have made me chuckle so it's all good.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Artist inspired by a Covid lateral flow test.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
To be truly representative of the Hereford experience for many Brighton fans, surely a selfish **** needs to stand in front of this painting, so that no-one else can see it properly, even when they ask him to move?

And don't forget the same actually got one of Robbie's boots! :rant:

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
It symbolises the essential dichotomy of the Albion fan. The dark line is the despair, the madness, the depression that is never far away. The lighter line is the hope and the joy. The two can always go side by side and are always seen together as they are essentially the same: Ying and Yang, positive and negative, light and dark. Much as we would like to see only one line we cannot, our eyes are drawn to both, indeed we ARE both.

A truly stunning and original work.

Quite so. It beautifully counterpoints the surrealism of the underlying metaphor!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
But you really don't need an artist to create that. A five year old with a very basic software package could produce it in no time.

It traumatises me that anybody producing this could claim to be an "artist".

But the contributions have made me chuckle so it's all good.

Oh true, it didn't actually take any artistic talent to produce it, but then you're into the whole debate as to 'what is art?' That could be a fun topic on a slow NSC day!

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
WINNER!

View attachment 142467

This stunning minimalist print represents BHAFC's club-defining match against Hereford in 1997. By drawing this match, they prevented themselves being relegated out of the football league.

The print represents the timeline of that famous match. The black line represents Herefords goal and the white line represents Brightons goal.

The perfect Christmas gift for any Brighton fan ⚽

Fill your boots, folks! :clap:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CW52JlBINmQ/

Didn’t know VAR could become minders art. ???

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Ha! FFS - is that what it really is?? :facepalm:

Hang fire everybody, I've done one for the Leeds game last Saturday. PM for me priority ordering....

View attachment 142468

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICES:

This is all a bit embarrassing, but owing to UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND for our Leeds (Home) installation, some customers may have received the Norwich (away) version in error. Customers should return the item in the original packaging and we will endeavour to dispatch your order in time for Christmas.

Thank you..

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM CUSTOMER SERVICES:

This is all a bit embarrassing, but owing to UNPRECEDENTED DEMAND for our Leeds (Home) installation, some customers may have received the Norwich (away) version in error. Customers should return the item in the original packaging and we will endeavour to dispatch your order in time for Christmas.

Thank you..

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
This has been doing the rounds on social, so if you know the answer don't spoil it.

For everyone else, this modern art is Albion related. No, really.

It's priced from £24 for a 12x18in print.

It's "The perfect Christmas gift for any Brighton fan" (it says here)

Can you guess what it is?

View attachment 142465

PS Reviews are coming in. "Are you on crack?"

I assumed you had zoomed in and were only showing a small portion of it.........WOW.

Hope santa reads this thread!!

True, but it is a piece of commercial art (i.e. it was created by the artist to make money) and people are simply expressing their opinions. Also I think we're laughing as much at the 'perfect gift' tag as the piece itself; and if I were being unkind I'd say it was a cynical attempt to exploit the Christmas market.

But yeah, the artist has to make a living the same as the rest of us so if people do want to buy it as the 'perfect gift' rather than some mass-produced Monet print then that's great. We are allowed to 'boo' the work though.

And it also follows we are allowed to be "Graham Potter"

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
I want to see the Brighton 2 - 3 Man United edition where, presumably, you have to add a red line on your wall to indicate the United goal after the final whistle.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
What a load of old pony!

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I did one for the Leicester match.

2021_12_01_0gq_Kleki.png