Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Paul Barber bit on TalkSport today

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
It was Simon Jordan who referred to it first, I think, in that weedily bantery way. Wasn't it Deputy Chairman rather than Vice Chairman? No idea if it’s a new title or not.

It was Simon Jordan who referred to it first, I think, in that weedily bantery way. Wasn't it Deputy Chairman rather than Vice Chairman? No idea if it’s a new title or not.
in some organisation the deputy chair is ranked higher than the vice chair according to google. Personally I haven’t the foggiest.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
They love him on TS, but if he continues to be a bit beige with his answers, they may not continue to have him on so regularly.

What are they going to do instead? Makes a change from listening to Simon and Jim waffle.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Still remember my mind being blown when we paid one million for CMS

It was a million for Buckley and a few for CMS (which I imagine someone has already posted)

Professor Plum

Jul 27, 2024
in some organisation the deputy chair is ranked higher than the vice chair according to google. Personally I haven’t the foggiest.
Definitely true for most organisations. You sometimes have several vice-chairmen (chair-persons, whatever) but only one Deputy.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Agreed, which is why I never feel comfortable when people mock him or are overly critical of him here. In particular I’m not keen when people occasionally moan about him appearing on the media too much. It’s something that fans of other clubs envy. It’s just about impossible to get a public squeak out of senior management at Chelsea, Tottenham, Arsenal, Liverpool etc. To have a CEO who not only regularly appears on the media but puts himself up in front of a live audience at fan forums etc, is something you will never see at most big clubs, and something we should feel grateful for. Sorry if that sounds a bit brown-nosey but really, I think Barber does a tremendous job for us.
I might have told this story before but back in the days the Seven Stars bar (think that was the name) was open to all in the East Stand I, because I'm a twat, sent Barber a drunken stroppy email complaining about the lack of cover for the queue in the rain and the consistently flat beer and a couple of other things my sozzled brain thought were important.

Fired it off on the train home and then forgot all about it.

Check my emails in the morning and he'd actually replied, in the wee small hours. And his reply wasn't a boilerplate thing you'd expect from an executive, it was a pretty detailed reply to all of my pathetic grumbling.

For a man of his standing within the club to not only take the time to read my bollocks and then reply to it earnestly waaaaay past bedtime really spoke volumes to his character.

The bloke definitely earns his wages and we'd be worse off without him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here