Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The passing game - should The Albion maintain this?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Too PEDESTRIAN. Most teams three or four passes and then they carve us apart. We fanny about too much and get caught. Its now a trend and trends are worrying. We will stay up thats about it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Serious question adkins planned fo the championship did poyet?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Serious answer - no, he didn't know what to expect, Adkins did but Gus is learning quickly

shwoody1

May 18, 2009
lewes
there is nothing wrong with the way we play only it needs to be quicker.how many times tonight we had greer or dunk or bridcutt with the ball at their feet with acres of space to drive into, going forward when they decide to stop think and play it sideways allowing west ham to get back, cover leaving us no other option but to gobackwards or sideways again.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Whole heartedly YES, we've gotta persist with it, I don't give a shit if this season is a complete write off. Give this side a seasons experience in the championship, learn what works and what doesn't, experience the lows that come with the mistakes that we are making and have a season of playing together as a unit and I'm convinced we'll b a top 6 team next season...

I'm happy to sit back and enjoy the ride :) :) :)

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
We need to develop it rather than maintain it. We need to be sensible defensively and look to attack with more pace. Realistically we are going to be a bottom half of the table club this year and we cannot afford to gift the opposition goals.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Passing works. When we don't pass, we lose abysmally a la Palace and Leicester. When we pass, we have more than half a chance a la tonight.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Absolutely yes. But the midfield needs to be able to do it a higher tempo. If we could play the way we do with one or two touches, it'd be devastating. At the moment, maybe through a slight dip in confidence, I think we dwell on the ball a fraction too long when there's a break on giving opponents the chance to get bodies back. But that was a good performance - just lack a cutting edge. If we were a little bit more clinical, we wouldn't be in this difficult spell.

Sep 19, 2011
Cuckfield
Of course we should

The thing that does need to change is the pace we play at. In the league below teams backed off so we were able to knock the ball about at quite a slow pace. At this level players get picked up quicker, teams are far more organised defensively and tactically aware and you have less time on the ball. Stroking it about in a pedestrian manner is therefore going to make it quite hard to break sides down.

Speed up the way we play and we'll cause more problems. Whether the personnel from last season are good enough to do that remains to be seen, but you'd imagine the likes of Buckley and Vicente who have played at this level and higher should be able to

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The doubts have taken longer to appear than I thought they would but suppose it was only a matter of time after the recent results. The passing game is fine just need to use cms better

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

ah yes, a moron. Seen you're other shite posts on various threads tonight.

Perhaps you should scream at the players they're playing like a bunch of DAGOS. Gus, Tanno, Calderon, Vicente, Reyes, They'll all love that eh?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here