Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The parade.

Jul 5, 2003
Manchester.
It's going to be cringe worthy for the players with only around 10,000 lineing the route and a couple of thousand waiting to greet them at the end.

The next one should be promotion to the premiership not everytime we win promotion.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
It's going to be cringe worthy for the players with only around 10,000 lineing the route and a couple of thousand waiting to greet them at the end.

The next one should be promotion to the premiership not everytime we win promotion.

What im worried about is not soo many people actually turning up and make the club and team look idiots..

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
Simple answer is travel back Sat after the game like the rest of us. If you cant watch a game without a drink then maybe try AA meetings.

Stop moaning and enjoy the position were currently in. Remember where we were in the late 90's... It could be a LOT LOT worse than it is today
Can't travel back on the Saturday as we booked our rooms well in advance, as for watching a game without a drink, what's it got to do with you :shrug: we are stopping over to celebrate the season we have just had :clap2:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I'm pissed off only as I'd swung going up there with a visit to the in-laws to coincide, may go for the day now don't want to miss either event TBH

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It is the only possible time isn't it ?

No. The club should postpone the team break and the players should then postpone their holiday plans. Very inconsiderate of Brighton & Hove Albion. It almost makes me want to rip up my season ticket.

An outrageous decision. Tony Bloom should personally write to each supporter an ask for their diaries to check when everyone is free.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
No. The club should postpone the team break and the players should then postpone their holiday plans. Very inconsiderate of Brighton & Hove Albion. It almost makes me want to rip up my season ticket.

An outrageous decision. Tony Bloom should personally write to each supporter an ask for their diaries to check when everyone is free.

Maybe it wuld be easier if we all recorded our availability on here, and the Club can collate it all and plan accordingly.

I can do Wednesday, 18th May. 13:00 - 14:30 hrs (15:00 hrs at a push).

Cheers.

Driver of the bus I was on Saturday reckons he was driving the open top bus & said it was starting from the Amex

He was having you on!

Chances are it will start at the pier/Madeira Drive, work its way along the seafront and end at King's House or Hove Town Hall.

As for numbers, I'm going for 20,000 and it'll look BRILLIANT.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well I'm going to enter full-on *smug* mode here.
Our group is travelling up on the Friday afternoon, getting wankered in Nottingham on Friday night, Premiere Travel Inn all booked (with breakfast) before, attending the match and then travelling back with some tinnies after the game. I will also be wearing a horse for most of Saturday.

Parade on Sunday suits me just fine.

Bloody marvellous.

Left Footer

Sep 26, 2007
Shoreham
well i`m all for it on the 8th. we are going up for the game on the friday as we do for any stopovers and then back straight back after kick off.

i missed the parade on the sunday after the shewsbury game years ago as we stayed over so understand how you feel but thats just tough luck really.

on another note i was told the parade was starting at 3.30-4pm which clashes with Sussex v Middlesex CB40 which is crap.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Well I agree with the OP but hopefully it'll be later afternoon. Whoever it was above that thinks the parade should be for the JcLs across Sussex rather than the regular away fans, get real.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Well I agree with the OP but hopefully it'll be later afternoon. Whoever it was above that thinks the parade should be for the JcLs across Sussex rather than the regular away fans, get real.

Most of the regular away fans will be travelling home Saturday night, there's ample time to get back to Sussex you know, staying over is YOUR choice and no fault of the clubs.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I think the players are all off to Las Vegas or somewhere like that, paid for by Mr Bloom so that will need to take priority.

In previous years the buses have picked up the players at Withdean, Hove Town hall or the Bus depot and then started the route from the pier. Where it ends up will the key bit - The Taylor parade was moved to Kings House as there was more space out front for fans to see the balcony but it needed a temporary scaffolding one constructed and the players climbing through a window - not east for poor Gary Hart who had his leg in plaster at the time

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Driver of the bus I was on Saturday reckons he was driving the open top bus & said it was starting from the Amex

Perhaps they are going to get a handful of day savers and get the 25......
Amex - Lewes Road - Churchill Square - Palmeira Square, walk the short distance to Hove Town Hall and up on the balcony. Then if no one does show up, it won't matter.
I think I'll position myself in The Albion in Church Road. Best of all worlds that way

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here