Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pandorica Will Open....

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
....and silence will fall.

Any theories as to who/what the hell is in there? Who does River Song kill?

I reckon that the Pandorica is actually a lock which unlocks all the evils of the Time War (which has been said repeatedly to be 'time-locked', but what if there's actually a physical lock?), and that the return/appearance of all these former enemies is actually some kind of 'joint' effort to stop it being unlocked because they know what's in there and want to prevent it all ripping the Universe apart. Of course, if that is the case, who is unlocking it and for what purpose?

As for who River kills ('the best man she ever knew', apparently), surely it's too obvious to involve the Doc himself?

Another question is why Amy can't remember the Daleks or anything like that, will be interesting to see how that's resolved.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Have you been taking poor quality drugs again?

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I reckon you may be right with The Time War thing, had thought so myself as it might give Moffatt an excuse to further his reboot of the Doctor Who universe..........I wanted it to be Omega though :(

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
I reckon you may be right with The Time War thing, had thought so myself as it might give Moffatt an excuse to further his reboot of the Doctor Who universe..........I wanted it to be Omega though :(

Omega is a fair possibility, they could go a lot of different ways with this scenario, so it will be interesting to see which road they've headed down.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it cant be the daleks as since the new series came in they have been reduced to spasticated lumps of metal - hardly the greatest threat in the cosmos

they have pretty much had the doctor butcher every other classic enemy he has come across so to have it being any of them will again be a disapointment

id go for omega or the return of the time lords and time war in general

I think it's the Doctor himself in there.
something about the pandorica "containing a monster with the blood of a billon galaxies"
I think it's him - one mans freedom fighter is another mans terrorist - as Scotty Mac says above...
"the doctor butcher every other classic enemy"

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i would LOVE it if it was the valeyard - they've already teased an appearance with the dream lord, and the concept of the evil side of the doctor's personality back in the day was always one that could have been bloody brilliant

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
i would LOVE it if it was the valeyard - they've already teased an appearance with the dream lord, and the concept of the evil side of the doctor's personality back in the day was always one that could have been bloody brilliant
And not far off from his time of existence iirc but the whole 'It's The Doctor (in whatever guise)' seems a little to easy to me.......although this hasn't been the best of series so you never know :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Well its definitely a prison as confirmed in DWM. And mention of the Drahvins in the preview fills me with JOY :thumbsup:

I think it also gives Moffat the chance to rewrite what he didnt like from the RTD era.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
And not far off from his time of existence iirc but the whole 'It's The Doctor (in whatever guise)' seems a little to easy to me.......although this hasn't been the best of series so you never know :)

correct - i believe that the master suggested he would materalise between incarnations 12 and 13, so with a little creative license he could well pop out of the box

they have already bought back the silurians and hinted at the evil side of the doctor becoming a person thus far this series, so it wouldn't suprise me to see something like the valeyard come back

if done right, it could be absolutely bloody brilliant - although on previous end of series form, i very very much doubt it!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Another option could be a so far unseen monster that they've mentioned a couple of times called The Nightmare Child.

The Doc though Davros' command ship had been destroyed when it flew into the jaws of said creature at the gates of Elysium in the very first year of the Time War, and its name popped up again when he was listing all the horrors that would be unleashed by the return of Gallifrey and the Time Lords in the Xmas/New Year special.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
As for who River kills ('the best man she ever knew', apparently), surely it's too obvious to involve the Doc himself?

That was my initial thought, but then I thought that they also mentioned about time re-writing, which made me think in one version of history she kills him, and the tardis explodes, and that ultimately time will be re-written and she won't have to kill him because of some plot device.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New theory, the pandorica is a trap, nothing is coming out, it's designed to keep the doctor in it.

Last edited:

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
EVERYTHING ever is turning up. Who is everyone rooting for?

I'm going for the mean green slitheens.

images

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Turkey

Andrei Kanchelskis is signing for Brighton
He's decided he wants to stay in England and his family are settled locally.

What a result!!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
New theory, the pandorica is a trap, nothing is coming out, it's designed to keep the doctor in it.

Very accurate theory.

Still lots of questions though:

- What will happen to Amy?
- Where does River fit in?
- Who the bloody hell does that voice which kept saying 'silence will fall' belong to?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here