Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Pacific

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
..........got to be honest and say I enjoyed "Dads Army" much more.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Fantastic viewing as we expected. Is it as good as BoB? A bit hard to judge atm, but it's certainly looking like a cracker!

Jello

He's Not A Jelly Belly
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Bloody cheek of Sky - 10 episodes making it a series but transmitting it on a movie channel !!!! :rant::rant::rant: I pay £10 a month for HD so the least they should do is show it on Sky 1 HD !!!! Well Sky, I'll be downloading it from torrents so stick that in your pipe and smoke it !

I hoped likewise about Sky1HD, do they show the full episode or do they pack it full of adverts? I'll wait for it on Bluray, is there a release date yet?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Episode 3 is a bit weak. If you miss it you don't miss any real part of the series. It all goes a bit "Catherine Cookson" to be honest.

CliveWalkerWingWizard

Aug 31, 2006
surrenden
There is a US release date for 30th June on Blu-Ray, some post world cup viewing.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Cracking first couple of episodes, I thought they conveyed the sheer terror of close-combat battles superbly well. I was cacking it for them as the Japs got closer and closer through weight of numbers, thinking their ammo was going to run out any second. Some suitably gruesome moments too, with that dying soldier concealing a grenade and detonating it when the marines were helping him up...nasty.

Glad to see they havn't shyed too far away from being possibly a bit un-pc as well. The remark by the Colonel that "we're gonna go there and turn their eyes round" raised a smile.

I like the prologues they do as well with the guys who were actually there. Sets the scene and gives a real context to what they were facing. Great stuff.

GNF on Tour

Registered Twunt
Jul 7, 2003
Auckland
4th episode fairly dull.

highway61

Jun 30, 2009
true rambo style with the heavy machine gun !!

i recall reading/hearing that the soldier doing the Rambo bit was actually based on an incident in okinawa later in the campaign. i done a search on the name Dale Bair as that was the name of the soldier as mentioned in a history channel prog. having read the citation etc it certainly can be seen that his bravery may have been used in the episode. what i found intersting was the lack of detail on the guy
on wikpdeia it shows as Dale W. Bair (birth and possible death unknown

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here