Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The orphanage

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Anyone else seen this film? I thought it was a brilliant horror, best film I have seen in a while.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
no one else seen this then ? I thought Uncle Speilberg would have summat to say on it?

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
no one else seen this then ? I thought Uncle Speilberg would have summat to say on it?

Doesn't he only mention mainstream stuff?

Goodfella, nice DOY plug. No trouble with the police this weekend?:D

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
From the N1, I'm guessing you'll be choosing Screen on the Green?

Screen on the Green, my word have I spent many an evening/afternoon in there. I used to live round the corner in St Pauls road, just down the road from the Hen and Chickens.

I'm now pleased to say, since having 2 children, we've moved back to Gods own county.

I still miss it dreadfully, but BN6 Gull doesn't have the same ring, and the friends I have made on here would be very confused.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Doesn't he only mention mainstream stuff?

Goodfella, nice DOY plug. No trouble with the police this weekend?:D

If you mean a film that actually gets a cinema release then, er yes I only like mainstream stuff. If its a straight to DVD Iranian film in Black & White with subtitles whose only merit is it is not mainstream and by default becomes a masterpiece because 26 people in the UK have seen it, you've got me there.

My favourite 2 films of the last 5 years

The Machinist
Downfall

Incredibly mainstream

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
US its on general release - just got back from the Marina.

It really is an excellent film, almost perfect I would say, not just a horror film because that implies gore and its so much more than that.

It has characters and plot and is very very creepy in parts.

And I like mainstream but this was brilliant. 9.5

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
If you mean a film that actually gets a cinema release then, er yes I only like mainstream stuff. If its a straight to DVD Iranian film in Black & White with subtitles whose only merit is it is not mainstream and by default becomes a masterpiece because 26 people in the UK have seen it, you've got me there.

My favourite 2 films of the last 5 years

The Machinist
Downfall

Incredibly mainstream

Twas only tongue in cheek my friend:)

Mainstream certainly has its place, and will be enjoying a stonking summer by all accounts.

Hen and Chickens N1? I'm guessing that may not be around anymore, I haven't come across it.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Orphange is very much a mainstream film.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Just got back from seeing this and must say it was superb. Was originally put off by the film being in Spanish but most of the film was about suspense and words weren't really needed in alot of the film.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here