Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Orange Ball

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
with snow forecast....anyone remember great games withe the orange ball....Peterboro away...cambridge away ( Crumplin scoring with a handball?)...I also recall a game at the Goldstone with a ball that was more of a pink colour

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I thought this was going to be a thread about Simon Jordan!

:jester:

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Peterborough away in the cup epitomised orange ball madness for me. Sure that game wouldn't go ahead these days. Remember the ball bobbling ludicrously past Digweed (I think) for one of their goals. And freezing my nuts off as I was stuck near one of the exit tunnels in the stand and an ice-cold wind was being funnelled down it.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
bhafc99 said:
Peterborough away in the cup epitomised orange ball madness for me. Sure that game wouldn't go ahead these days.

bolton away in the cup was dodgy and they had undersoil heating at their old ground...your are right though these days they just call the game off ...bloody pansies...:angry:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Am yet to see an orange ball. I can only hope i get the opportunity to one day.....

Have they scrapped the winter 'yellow' ball this year? I can't remember if i've seen it

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
bhafc99 said:
Peterborough away in the cup epitomised orange ball madness for me. Sure that game wouldn't go ahead these days. Remember the ball bobbling ludicrously past Digweed (I think) for one of their goals. And freezing my nuts off as I was stuck near one of the exit tunnels in the stand and an ice-cold wind was being funnelled down it.

Replay win at the Goldstone was on snow as well I seem to recall. Dean Saunders with the only goal?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
The Auditor said:
with snow forecast....anyone remember great games withe the orange ball....Peterboro away...cambridge away ( Crumplin scoring with a handball?)...I also recall a game at the Goldstone with a ball that was more of a pink colour
whos forecast snow ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here