Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] The Open Championship 2024

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Fascinating watch at the moment, pros looking a bit like Sunday hackers………….going to be brilliantly set up for tomorrow as a result
It really is amazing that so many top class golfers cannot cope with bad weather, Rory being one of the worst. Also not a surprise that the "journeyman" pro is the one showing most of them how to play in the wind. I just hope that Brown can put this last hole behind him and keep going tomorrow.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
I’ve been watching a couple of hours today, and the Royal Troon is a hell of a course. Can’t be one flat square meter there!? Looking forward to Sunday, it’s wide open!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
Thought the winner would come from either Scottie Scheffler or Xander Schauffele. The latter possesses the elixir of golf, consistency. He’s made the last 50 cuts in all tournaments. Seems a calm, unassuming chap to go with it.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
Thought the winner would come from either Scottie Scheffler or Xander Schauffele. The latter possesses the elixir of golf, consistency. He’s made the last 50 cuts in all tournaments. Seems a calm, unassuming chap to go with it.
Would have loved to see Rose win it but i think the more benign conditions on that last day actually went against him. The way he was playing you could see him being on par or just below whatever the weather but he was unlikely to match a person who could string a run of birdies together if conditions were easier.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
Would have loved to see Rose win it but i think the more benign conditions on that last day actually went against him. The way he was playing you could see him being on par or just below whatever the weather but he was unlikely to match a person who could string a run of birdies together if conditions were easier.
Rose just doesn’t hole enough putts to win the Open

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
He was unlucky with rimming a few holes when coming up the back nine
Those were painful moments for English fans, with Rose lipping out and Brown collapsing.

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
I'm playing the Princes Course nr. Sandwich tomorrow (for the first time), having looked at their website it looks quite a bit like Royal Troon - I've bought an extra dozen balls!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here