Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

the ONLY thing that will bring crowds back is promotion

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always makes me wonder what we'd have got in the run up to the two championships.

I reckon we'd have been selling 8k in all those run-in games, Withdean fatigue wouldn't have set in yet.

Hard to believe now that there was a time when you had to win a ballot to get a ticket for Withdean, and the ticket office staff spent most of their day putting cheques into envelopes and returning them to unlucky applicants. Where would we be now if we'd had the ground capacity to cash in on that opportunity?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Hard to believe now that there was a time when you had to win a ballot to get a ticket for Withdean, and the ticket office staff spent most of their day putting cheques into envelopes and returning them to unlucky applicants. Where would we be now if we'd had the ground capacity to cash in on that opportunity?

Blimey I remember "those days" waiting to see if you got your tix or cheque returned!!

Being the only club in the bottom division on ceefax(!) in those days with SOLD OUT next to it!

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

It seems a bit of a waste of time getting the extra seats in?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It seems a bit of a waste of time getting the extra seats in?

If we had stayed up a second season in the Championship then I think the crowds would have exceeded 7,000 on quite a few occasions. The likes of West Brom, Leicester, Forest, Leeds, Southampton (Palace are too paranoid to sell out their allocation) etc always bring a large away following, and the away ends would be regularly sold out. It's the poor conditions for home fans that are the ongoing problem, along with Falmer fatigue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here