Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The only one?

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
I accept i am in the minority here but i am still in favour of adams staying. I fully appreciate that much of what has been served up this season has been terrible but i still think he will succeed in the long term. when he came back in the summer i set my sights high and although there were acceptions most felt the same, so now were 20th in the league with a pathetic 5 wins all season ofcourse i'm disappointed but whats the solution? If mickey left tomorrow who could we realistically attract to us? In my opinion no one capable of saving us from the drop. Mickey in for me please, am i the only bloody one??

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
He knows the club is in a financial mess so he should resign to save us some money.He would have more respect from fans etc instead of Knight firing him and costing the club a load of dosh.

Please resign Adams,you will still be remembered for the good times.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I think he should go and go now. That would leave his successor with at least SOME time to get new players in before the window shuts. Mickey appears to be moping around feeling sorry for himself. That is not the type of man we need. We need someone with steel who is up for the fight and Micky is sadly not that man.

Resign now and we still remember the good times (just).

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
yes, yes you are

Well obviously he's not, as two people have posted before you saying they agree...

And actually, I agree too. No, that doesn't mean I'm in any way happy with where we are, but I don't think sacking Micky would solve it, for the reasons mentioned above.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Well obviously he's not, as two people have posted before you saying they agree... And actually, I agree too. No, that doesn't mean I'm in any way happy with where we are, but I don't think sacking Micky would solve it, for the reasons mentioned above.
i am glad i'm not the only one, i just hope mickey doesn't bow to the pressure and walk.

Kneon Light

Jul 24, 2003
Falkland Islands
No, you're not the only one. For me he has to stay. If we got a new manager now they wouldn't have a clue what players we need. It's hard enough for Adams trying to get players in, let alone a manager who doesn't know who we want. I firmly believe Adams' position should only be under threat if we get into a position where we are adrift of safety.

Fully agree.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
I agree - Adams needs support and the team need support.

How would you do at work if thousands of people kept telling you how bad you were everytime you did anything? If must be great for our players to run out at Withdean and know how badly our "fans" will treat them. I wonder why it may be hard to attract new players?

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I think the problem is the 'Adams IN' accept the reasons why some people want him out, but we're obvisouy far more intelligent than the 'Adams OUT' brigade who have a Falmer Village type attitude that only their opinion is correct. Bless their small, confused little brains.

adrian29uk

Sep 10, 2003
I accept i am in the minority here but i am still in favour of adams staying. I fully appreciate that much of what has been served up this season has been terrible but i still think he will succeed in the long term. when he came back in the summer i set my sights high and although there were acceptions most felt the same, so now were 20th in the league with a pathetic 5 wins all season ofcourse i'm disappointed but whats the solution? If mickey left tomorrow who could we realistically attract to us? In my opinion no one capable of saving us from the drop. Mickey in for me please, am i the only bloody one??

I support you. What's wrong with getting behind the manager and showing some bloody support. Eventually things will click. The team and Micky will find a way to play that works and we will start winning again. Not everything in life is perfect. You need to fight and fight until you get it right.

There is no loyalty in the game. Micky has shown loyalty by coming back, so show some loyalty back and give him some support, instead of slagging him off.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
No, you're not the only one. For me he has to stay. If we got a new manager now they wouldn't have a clue what players we need. It's hard enough for Adams trying to get players in, let alone a manager who doesn't know who we want. I firmly believe Adams' position should only be under threat if we get into a position where we are adrift of safety.

I agree with that, as we discussed last night.

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
I was all for the Adams appointment. But the facts speak for themselves. Wilkins took the club to 7th, and Adams a point outside the relegation one. He failed to pick Lynch and Lynch therefore wanted out and is now playing a division higher at Forest.

Adams has ripped up a fast passing side, and replaced it with a slow bunch of hoofers. just as bad are the free kicks. Its always a hoof to the back post. Pointless. Always best to take a free kick towards the goal, so if nobody gets a touch then the keeper still has to deal with it. The far post hoof is an old tactic that went out with The Ark.

Whilst I'm chirping up as well, can anyone tell me what the midfield diagonal 40 yard hoof towards nobody whatsoever is all about? Pointless, and rubbish. Bring back the fast passing football of Wilkins - whoever is in charge

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
I support you. What's wrong with getting behind the manager and showing some bloody support. Eventually things will click. The team and Micky will find a way to play that works and we will start winning again. Not everything in life is perfect. You need to fight and fight until you get it right.

There is no loyalty in the game. Micky has shown loyalty by coming back, so show some loyalty back and give him some support, instead of slagging him off.[/QUOTE]

Utter bullshit. From a dead end job as assistant manager at Colchester, with no other offers on the table, he was brought back by Knight when not needed. Loyalty my arse!!

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley

I couldn't agree more.

Also, I believe we need a bit of stability. There has been far too many managers over the last few years.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What appears evident is that the board IS backing Adams.

Are they REALLY backing him....?

Not much action on the transfer front seems to suggest otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here