Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The one thing to see before you die.....

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
my best mate's wallet open in the boozer... He got nicked a while ago for breaking into a fiver!!!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I can quite believe it. My mate got charged thirty Euros for a G&T and a Malibu and Coke in Fira.

That is ridiculous.

There are better places to watch sunsets in the world anyway.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Not sure I fully subscribe to the idea of a league table of places to watch sunsets, though I sort of know what you mean. The sunset at Fira IS spectacular, but then again it can be in, say, Brighton. Here's a photo I took on the seafront in February 2008. Half an hour earlier the starlings were going absolutely head-mental!

Last edited:

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
tom hark

live at the witch trials,bought that album by the fall, many moons ago

brought back a few memmories that,cheers

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Not sure I fully subscribe to the idea of a league table of places to watch sunsets, though I know what you mean. The sunset at Fira IS spectacular, but then again it can be in, say, Brighton. Here's a photo I took on Brighton seafront in February 2008. Half an hour earlier the starlings were going completely head-mental!

johannafeb112008017.jpg

No that's not really what I saying, my point was that it wasn't worth 30 Euros for a G&T! Your picture isn't working for some reason, but some of the sunsets in Brighton can be spectacular, especially on those cold, crisp, clear sunny days in winter.

The sun setting over Ha Long Bay is pretty impressive, and it is only about 20p for a G&T there.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
tom hark

live at the witch trials,bought that album by the fall, many moons ago

brought back a few memmories that,cheers

No worries mate, storming debut by the boy MES. Lost track of my copy years ago, but still listen to the tracks on youtube. 'Frightened' sounds as good and edgy as ever. About The only Fall album I ever heard them play live. after that, they only ever played songs from the next album, never the last one!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can quite believe it. My mate got charged thirty Euros for a G&T and a Malibu and Coke in Fira.

Spoken like a true Scotsman....lol

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
That is ridiculous.

Agreed, top of Table Mountain in Cape Town takes some beating.

I would like to see a volcanic eruption, heading off to Chile early next year so that is a distinct possibility, failing that I might have to take a trip to Iceland (the country, not the frozen food store).

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
My children gowing up to be healthy and successful in life.

Great answer. I would go for this one.

Other than that, I would have said being the first team to beat Brighton in the league at their brand new shiny stadium...oh, wait a minute... :clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here