Most looking forward to in Olympics?

• Total voters

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
So the Olympics are almost upon us and I can't f***ing wait

:clap2:

But which event are you most looking forward to??

???

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The WEIGHTLIFTING - brilliant, brilliant TV sport, fantastic entertainment. I love watching it and GURN away at the telly in sympathy with the increasingly-large sweaty Bulgarians doing their thing. Absolutely fantastic.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
The closing ceremony....

....but seriously, the womens beach volleyball is always entertaining :D

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
I love the Olympics. Most looking forward to Cycling and Rowing as we will OWN in them. And also the Athletics as thats what the Olympics is all about in my opinion.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I have a bizarre (but mild, honest) obsession with handball, as you only ever see it here during the Olympics, and even then only for a few minutes' round up. It's a decent game to watch - in Spain you can watch league games on TV - but gets no coverage here whatsoever. Can anybody even name the current world champs without looking it up? I certainly can't.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
The WEIGHTLIFTING - brilliant, brilliant TV sport, fantastic entertainment. I love watching it and GURN away at the telly in sympathy with the increasingly-large sweaty Bulgarians doing their thing. Absolutely fantastic.

Weightlifting occasionally produces commentary gems like "That's a great snatch".

I made it over to Athens in 2004 and got to see 7 of the 9 GB Golds.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Watching the Cycling was brilliant - Chris Hoy, Bradley Wiggins, etc. We'll do very well there.

Also the Sailing - with the likes of the brilliant Ben Ainslie, Britannia still rules the waves.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Cycling in general - but in particular the BMX is fantastic watching and we should have a couple of medals.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Sailing. Though it's hard to televise.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I have a bizarre (but mild, honest) obsession with handball, as you only ever see it here during the Olympics, and even then only for a few minutes' round up. It's a decent game to watch - in Spain you can watch league games on TV - but gets no coverage here whatsoever. Can anybody even name the current world champs without looking it up? I certainly can't.

Agreed, it's excellent, bit of a mix of basketball and football, and fairly rough too. Yes, the nature of being able to throw the ball to each other means there's not much midfield action but the skill in breaking down the defence is superb.

And the world champions - I hope this doens't put you off HHS: Germany. :clap2::clap2:

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
handball is IMMENSE

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here