Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Olympics and one week in.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Love it. Been to 3 events just fantastic atmosphere. Love mixing wit hdifferent nationalities who all seem to be enjoying it. Weather not a factor, organisation superb, travel no problem, empty seats disappointing but more an indictment of the 'Olympic family'.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Just back from the aquatic centre and whilst the olympic experience was great, still feel very deflated with 800m freestyle.

The swimming aside, what would make the park better would be a lot more screens around so you can see what is going on at the other events. Yes there is the 'Live Park' but you have to queue to get in and then miss the other stuff going on.

By the way, wasted about an hour on the Coca Cola beat box.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I am very proud of us hosting the Olympics but hate the way sky are obsessed with highlighting the fact that their are empty seats at venues.Empty seats at venues is an Olympic organising committee problem not a London problem.

Whatever happens between now & the end on London 2012
1 thing that can't be denied is that team GB's cyclists are a class above everybody else.

LU7 RED

Nov 5, 2010
Leighton Buzzard
Well, ran a 3000m steeplechase in the Olympic stadium on wednesday night, as part of the last test event, which after getting married and seeing my lad born, was the most memorable day of my life. Basically had the full monty treatment, based in the warm up track behind the main stadium, mooching around past Tyson Gay, then being called to the holding area, having bag carriers, name on the board, camera across the start line, the whole works..Shame I ran 10.53!

Oh and got tickets for tonight's athletics. Feeling a tad excited and smug :wink:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It occurred to me yesterday that I haven't watched anything on TV, other than the Olympics, for a week now. Not a single show, just wall to wall Olympics :lol:

Love it.

Well, ran a 3000m steeplechase in the Olympic stadium on wednesday night, as part of the last test event, which after getting married and seeing my lad born, was the most memorable day of my life. Basically had the full monty treatment, based in the warm up track behind the main stadium, mooching around past Tyson Gay, then being called to the holding area, having bag carriers, name on the board, camera across the start line, the whole works..Shame I ran 10.53!

Oh and got tickets for tonight's athletics. Feeling a tad excited and smug :wink:

See you there !

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
For months leading up to the Olympics it was nothing but negativity. Moaners tend to have the loudest voice; but then it started & it has been fantastic, every sport, every day; I love it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Loving it. Every single minute of it. I'm avidly watching/following sports I don't usually give a toss about (basketball, swimming, judo, cycling, anything with horses) and even sports I've never even seen before (handball). I even watched a tennis match last night!

For me it's been absolutely MADE by the crowds; the support for our people has been brilliant, but they've even cheered (or at least not booed) the foreigners.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Loving every minute.
A great start with the opening ceremony, I still can't believe The Queen!

I started getting an unhealthy interest in Archery, which I thought was fantastic!
I loved watched the fella get the shooting gold, and the coverage going straight to canoeing, for that one.
I really enjoyed the men's gymnastics.
Naturally the cycling is a massive highlight.

It's just a shame about the GB swimming.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
sleep depravation. NZ commentary is shocking, but great watching the golds roll in, looking forward to Natasha Jonas and Nicola adams fight, have a vested interest in the boxing as one my old mates is GB coach.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
We've put on a great show for the rest of the World. I'm very proud to be British at the moment. My son and I are off to the Millenium Stadium for tonight's game and I'm intending on belting out the National Anthem at full blast.

Its been fantastic, and I'll be gutted when it finishes.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Amazing - truly addicted to every second of coverage I can soak up.

Had brief pangs of sorrow earlier at the realisation that we're about half way through now.

This.

Loved the idea of the whole event, ever since the GB team pinched the Games from under the nose of arrogant Chirac in 2005.

Brilliant Village, stadia, organisation, inclusion of our historic settings where we can, and even the cold rain of April to July disappeared.
Phelps, Lochte, the GB medals.

Soaking up this incredible once-in-a-lifetime Games here in the UK.

(And a mega break from the spite, tribalism & hype of football).

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Oh also really enjoying the fact I just don't have time to watch football and Tennis.

I don't have to get all pious about personally boycotting them because they are not Olympic sports.
I just don't have the time to watch, because of the judo, hockey, diving, canoeing, table tennis ... you get the idea.

Plus the kids are loving watching too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here