Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Olympics and one week in.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Hows it going for you ? Enjoyed the opening ceremony but the first few days were dire,but since we got our first gold it has really kicked-on. Wonderful crowds and so much noise amazing :clap2: Picking-up medals now right left and centre i really do think we could finish THIRD. :thumbsup:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Amazing - truly addicted to every second of coverage I can soak up.

Had brief pangs of sorrow earlier at the realisation that we're about half way through now.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
ceremony was half good (whole argiculture to industrialised sequence), quarter weird (NHS) and the rest ok if indifferent. not one to knock the olympics perse, i respect the athletes just dont have much interest in the sports, i'm having to put aside my prejudice that we've been lumbered with them. i do find myself reading more of the stories and catching bits on telly. certainly want Ennis to get a Gold and us to hit 3rd, or just beat the French and Aussies.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Great Basketball match on at the moment (Team GB). In to overtime after drawing with France.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
loving the olympics, it's the nightly ticketmaster fiasco that's frustrating me!

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Watching everything I can! Even just watched an all Scandinavian affair in the handball!

What a fantastic games so far!!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Absolutely loving it, as I do every Olympics, be they summer or winter. Watching far more than is probably healthy on tv and had two great days out at the men's cycling road race and the time trials too. Can't wait to go and watch handball at the copperbox on Sunday as well. It being our Olympics though has made it extra special. I bloody love it!

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
loving the olympics, it's the nightly ticketmaster fiasco that's frustrating me!

Shed loads of tickets go on sale at about 7/8pm on the official site every night.
Grabbed myself some Boxing tickets for tomorrow evening. Well worth checking every so often and getting in there quick!

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
It's all gripping stuff. Can't wait to see the sailing on Sunday. Keeping my eyes peeled for tickets to the men's triathlon next Tuesday (any spares?) If not I'll go and line the route for free.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Fantastic but leaving for the states tomorrow so as we were there 4 years a go we will have to put up with the USA version of only seeing their competitors.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Shed loads of tickets go on sale at about 7/8pm on the official site every night.
Grabbed myself some Boxing tickets for tomorrow evening. Well worth checking every so often and getting in there quick!

Yeah, thanks for that! Like, I haven't been checking the Site every 5 minutes, and stuck in 'your wait is approximately 15 minutes' every night.
as well as the evening upload, there also seems to be a smaller batch go on on at about 10am.

I'm not into watching people fight, so wrestling boxing etc. are not events that I've been looking for. Early night for me tonight, as it seems there's only Cat A left now.

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
Maybe i am wrong,but it is the only show in town,its the talk of the town, we really going well. Just love it.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Absolutely superb, I have loved every minute of it.

Im watching as much as I can of every event and have really enjoyed watching new sports to me like handball, volleyball, beach volleyball and water polo.

I must also say I think the BBC coverage has generally been fantastic, its great to be able to have such a choice of sport to watch. Ive actually just realised I havent watched Sky Sports News for a week since the Olympics started which is incredible for me!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here